cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods issue from QI stk if activate inspection type 02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I observed one issue in QM for a scn (inspection at goods issue for process order movement type 261)

When I activated inspection type 02 in one of the raw material, system doesn’t allow me to post consumption from unrestricted stock instead it is consuming QI stk. which seems very uncommon. Can somebody provide a fix so that I can consume material from unrestricted use stock and also create an inspection lot.

Thanks in adv.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Now again i want to know one thing, consumption is directly through PP order ( as per BOM) or u did it manually via migo using 261 mvt type.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's against PP order (as per BOM item). Also tried using backflush while confirmation but same error.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then there should be some problem write to SAP or check whether any exit is place or enhanement or again i suggest u to check settings properly

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Consumption through PP order w.r.t BOM components then definitely lot will be there, for this u  need to maintain the 02 in material master view. as u Confirm the GR of PP order then BOM explods and whatever be the material is there system creates the lots. u need to check correctly wat mvt type u r using if u r doing manually then kindly check ur transactional steps.

131 is for finished products

531 for By-Products

261 for Consumables during Prodn.

if transactional steps are ok then please check ur configuration settings LIKE OMJJ, Quality and Movt type, and PP order seetings etc.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks FF & Shailendra for your responses.

Clarification_FF: The material I am trying to consume is a std. raw material without any special stock.

We did the GR against a purchase order, material moved to QI stk and inspection lot gets created (inspection type 01 activated).

I have completed one lot and moved stock from QI to Unrestricted use in one s.loc 0001 and another lot/stck was still in QI stock in the other s.loc 0002.

Then I created & released a prod order (where the above material was a part of component). Tried consumption of that component (movement type 261), system consumed that material from unrestricted use stock (s.loc 0001 but not allowed from Qi stck 0002 s.loc) because insp. type 02 was not assigned to the component. And no insp lot gets created at that time which is correct.

Then I assign insp type 02 to the component and again tried material consumption against a prod. order (migo, movement type 261). When I tried to consume material from S.Loc. 0001 where only unrestricted stk is there system issues an error...deficit of BA stock in QI and not allow material consumption from there but if I changed s.loc to 0002 where I have QI stck system consumed the material and also create an inspection lot. To me that should not happen.

I checked in sap help and found that in case of 02 inspection type system consumed material from unrestricted stck from warehose and created a insp lot that is not stck relevant.

I hope not the scenario should be more clear to the forum. Any help in this case will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

As i told u u r using MIGO, with 261 mvt type (Which is the manual txn) then system reacts correctly. system pick up the material from Qi and generate the relevent lot without stck posting tab.

And as u told for PP process it is correct as per the stdn. system generates the lot which is not stck relvent.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra,

Thanks for your quick response. But don't you think consumption should always happen from unrestricted use stck and not from QI stk. Because that QI stk is there as I have not completed my insp at the time of GR against PO and system is consuming that stk. To me logically it seems not a correct process or may be I missing something.

Kindly let me know your views.

Thanks in adv.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Quite astonishing!

Consumption of the stock for production order, must to take place always from unrestricted. Will you please clarify following points? (Try this when entire stock in quality inspection and nothing lies in unrestricted)

1. Whether backflush is active or you are manually issuing this material?
  2. Check out material document of 261 movement in MIGO display mode. What was the transaction code through which it was posted? Check this in MIGO document display
  3. What stock type you observe against 261 movement? Check this again in MIGO display
  4. If you are observing that material is getting consumed from QI, then what you observe in open inspection lot when you go to stock posting tab in QA32?

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

Kindly properly check ur transaction executions from procure to issue and then to prodn. or check ur seetings.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I checked all transactions and setting several times but not able to find any reason for that posting.

I tried with backflush as well as MIGO (goods issue w.r.t. prod. order) system shows same error msg "deficit stk qty in QI"

If I post the document from a s.loc where QI stck is available. In the initial screen of MIGO (during consumption posting 261 stck type shows as Unrestricted use but when I post the document the mat. document shows stck type from QI stck.

I am not getting any clue for the behavior of the system. This is a very simple scn if anyone can simulate at their end let me know what outcome he/she getting it may also helps me a lot.

Thanks-

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Ma dear frnd stdn process is like that,

Once u activate the 02 inspection type and once u confirm ur PP order then system shows u the inspection lot and if post to inspection stock is activate against the 02 type the stck will move to QI, once u clear the lot and post the stck to Unrestricted then system allows u to process the other lots.

if possible please elobrate more or paste ur Screen shot MIGo and backflusing both

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here is the process that I am doing with screenshots

02 doesn't have stock posting therefore 'post to insp stck' can't be activated

Stock situation of a material after creating a prod ord

Migo Txn

Error at the time of posting

Tried to post from another s.loc

Stck situation in that loc

Migo txn

No msg issued while posting the doc.

doc. qty posted from QI stck and insp lot also gets created

Stk situation after consumption (system consumed from QI stk)

Thanks

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

My last question is, if the stock is getting consumed from QI, then to what status inspection lot changes? Do you find nothing to post in QA12?

I still don't think that 02 inspection type plays any role for inventory movement but as last option try removing 02 inspection type also.

I would advise to escalate this to SAP if all above methodologies do not work!

Regards,

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

correct, 02 has no connection with this, as i told u please chec ur config settings related to inventory posting and material movement

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shailendra/Anand for your responses.

I'll chk inventory/material movement once again. If you know wht specific setting I need to chk kindly let me know.

If I deactivate insp type 02, then material gets consumed from Un-restricted use stk.

I'll also chk the insp lot once the stck get consumed and let you know.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I checked that insp lot processing part.

QI Stk gets consumed for which insp lot (insp type 01) was open. After consumption when I tried to processes (UD & stk posting) that lot system gives an error

1,000 QTL Incorrect posting to unrestr-use stock, error msg:

Deficit of BA Stck.in qual.insp 1,000 QTL : 100000006 BHL1 LA02 4010M721
Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Once u procure the material and post the GRN materila will be in QI with 01 type lot, u cleared it and post the stck in UNRES, now don't activtae 02 in material master against the material if u r using MIGO, after clearing the stck of 01 lot when u go for MIGO and use 261 mvt type system automatically pick up the stck from UNRES and consumed the stck in ur defined location.

second, u procured the material, lot is there of 01 type u cleared and post the stck to UNRES, and on same material if 02, 04, 05 is activated and ehwn u go for PP order then aftre GR of PP order system will give u three lots of 02 type 04 type and 05 type. ( AS per BOM).

this is totally stdn. processes now there is any doubt in ur mind related to this first, second if u r activated 02 and without clearing 01 lot qty from quality and via migo u r going to consumed the qty. then definitely system will show u the same error as u mentioned against the 01 type of lot. (During UD).

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

all points you mentioned are right and as per std. process. I struck on only one point....after activating insp type 02 in material master system starts looking for QI stck at the time of consumption w.r.t. ord (261). I am not able to get why that is happening because as soon as I deactivate 02 it starts consumption from unres stck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

first u clear me this that u clear the stck of lot 01 type and processed the UD, or u clearing that stck process MIGO with 261.

Please check ur last post u mentioned the 01 type lot prblm also which is in QI.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shailendra,

Sorry...I need to clarify a bit. That 01 UD was actually not a problem but a step I confirmed as Anand asked to chk.

1. Insp type 01 is working fine if 02 is not activated. Stck gets posted in QI stck, lot gets created, after UD stck moved from QI to Unres

2.1 activate 01 & 02 both. If I do the MIGO, stk posted to QI, insp lot gets created, UD that insp lot and move stk from QI to unres..that is also fine. now if I create prod. order and try to consume this mat. system gives an error...deficit of qty in QI stk but if I deactivate 02 in the component and again try to consume it consumes from unres

2.2 activate 01 & 02 both.  Did Migo, stck came to QI and insp lot created. I have not yet did the UD from this incoming material. I started processing prod. ord, tried to consume that material against ord system consumes from QI stk and create an insp lot as well. QI stk consumed in system.  with an open insp lot (incoming 01 type) now if I try to do the UD for that 01 type lot system didn't find any stck so issued an error msg.

Hope now I cleared the confusion. Thanks

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok.. What's an "scn" ?

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

scn is to have quality inspection at the time of goods issue to production order but that consumption need to be done from unrestricted use stock not from QI stock.

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You still didn't tell me what an "SCN" is.  Is it just a material?  Is it a special type of material?  If you used it in your question I assume it has some relevance to the issue.

Off hand, you should not be able to consume material from QI stock.  But since I have no clue what an SCN is I'm hesitant to say it shouldn't.  I am sure many others may be feeling the same way.  Especially since you are saying it is consumed from QI.

FF