cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHARM - Transport of copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In a normal change the system creates transport of copies after I finish all the development.

What is the best way to import these transport of copies to the QA system?

Can that action be done by the solman? or should I use the STMS transaction?

Of course I want to import just the transport of copy that is relate to the normal change and not anything else.

Thanks for you replay's.

Lior Grinberg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215345
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use either ways to transport changes to QAS.

Create a New Transport Request using CHARM and copy objects in TOC to the new TR manually in DEV system and then transport as usual using CHARM.

TOC and TR is not having any difference from system perspective.

Regards,

Jayadeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayadeep,

I know I can create ToC not with CHARM that is not the question.

When I'm using CHARM and create a normal change after I'm finishing development the system creates automatically a ToC.

One way to import that ToC into the QAS is to enter tcode STMS and import it manually.

Another way is to schedule a job from the tasklist that import all the transports (that belong to the IMG object) that awaits in the QAS queue.

I'm looking for a way to import only the ToC that was created from the normal change and do it from the solution manager.

Thanks

Lior Grinberg

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lior

You can't import a single TOC or a request using charm into any system whethere test or production for normal corrections

it is designed project based import method so only project can be imported if you have to move a change to QAS earlier then convert this NC into UC means

Cancel the Change document

Again approve the CR as Urgent correction......new change document will be created

use this change document to import to QA

This is the major difference bet urgent and normal that NC follows Maintenance Cycle phase or project phases but UC don't.

Hope it helps

Regards

Prakhar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can use SCMA tcode to import ToC to QAS:

Please watch https://websmp104.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000478072011E/index.htm

BR,

SAPFan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your replay.

The problem with the movie clip you recommended is in that method all the transports that belongs to the project will import into the QAS and not just a single ToC.

I didn't understand what do you want me to do in tcode SCMA how exactly by using this transaction I will be able to to transport my one Toc that was created from a single normal change?

Best regards,

Lior Grinberg