Did you mean: 

Request Based on Role Type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

I need your help for following sceanrio that we are implmeenting :

We want reqest to take path accrdoing to the role type in request :

Sceanrio1 : If role requested are only Business role ----->>> go to path 1

Sceanrio 2 : If role request are Business role ,single and composite ------ >>> go to path 2

I have configure BRF and able to submit request .

Problem : If only Business roles are requested it is going to path 1 but for scenario 2 (Business ,single and composite role ) request is splitting in two path

i.e. business role from sceanrio 2 are going to path 1 and single,composite goingto path 2 where as all roles should go to path 2 in sceanrio 2 .

This whole thing at request submission .

Kindly suggest .

Thanks & Regards

Asheesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Asheesh

You can try using different request type. ie is one request type for business role  and another request type for business role, Single and composite role etc. Than you can configure workflow for each request type

Parveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveen

Sorry forgot to maintained ,creating new request type is not a option as we already have quite a few request type .

Best Regards

Asheesh

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hello Asheesh,

You and scenario.

for path 1 if req type is = bus

for path 2 if req type is = bus and comp

for path 2 if reqtype is = bus and sin

for path2 if req type is = sin or comp

Regards,

Prasant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

patrick_weyers
Participant
0 Kudos

This is a bit late, but I believe you may be using a BRF+ flat rule (line item by line item) which will create the split path. You should be able to solve this issue with a compex BRF+ rule (non-flat) that loops over the entire request.

Regards

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

As Parveen has suggested, you would need this at the header level, which is what you are fundamentally suggesting with the use of the BRF+ (non-flat) rule. 

However, as you are meeting the condition of having a "business role" in either request scenario, it is not a good idea to have the condition being determined by the Role type as a criteria. In BRF+, the first condition met within the Decision table is accepted (another reason for ordering your rows in the rule with the most common expected result at the top).

Also, regarding initiators for paths, you should not really be bringing back multiple results.

Best option would be the "Request Type" as suggested by Parveen.