cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material assignment under activity.(without prompting)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 2 materials A & B.

A Is Stockable item (will use from inventory) & B is Non stock item..(will procure project wise )

My requirement is

when I assign Material A under activity it should automatically generate only reservation of WBS & for Material B it should automatically generate Requisition + reservation for WBS element.(Without Prompting).

I have setting as follows.

In OPS8

Prioirity plant - 2

Prio project - 1

Prio sales ord – 3

And under control data all are untick.

Item category as L

And for both materials in MRP4 tab Individual/coll as 1.

Please sugget.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your test system try changing the setting Individual/Coll in MRP4 tab for the repective material and check what happens.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

I checked with

Individual/Coll as blank -sytem prompt  for Res for network,res for wbs,req+res for wbs, prlim preq for wbs,3 rd part req wbs

Indvidual/Coll as 2 -system generates automatically res for network.

& also for both Materials master in  MRP2 tab Proc type is X -Both.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apart from ind/collective ind=1, also keep procurement type=E.

It will by default will save with reservation for WBS

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahindra,

I tried as below.

For Material A(stockable item)

Proc type as E & ind/collective ind=1

&

For Material B(Non stock item)

Proc type as X & ind/collective ind=1

It works.

when i assign Material A with item category L it creates Res for WBS & Material B with item category L it creates Req+Res for WBS.

Thanks.

But only one doubt if suppose Management has decided that for some projects Material A will be procure project wise.in that case how to proceed. i tried assigning  Material A with Item category N it shows error "Material 1943 is incompatible with item categ (check entry)" as Proc type is E in MRP2 tab.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Sorry please read error as

"Material A  is incompatible with item categ (check entry)" Instead of

"Material 1943 is incompatible with item categ (check entry)".

Awaiting for reply.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case you want material to be procured as Non-stock, you can not choose procurement type E as suggested by error message(as you have declared it as inhouse and inhouse production can not be non-stock).

In this case, it is desired to have procurement type as F. But if you choose procurement type F, system will prompt you for 2 options at least 'reservation for WBS E' and PR+reservation for WBS E'.

You cannot have liberty of selecting item category(N or L) with the above requirement.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

In case you want material to be procured as Non-stock, you can not choose procurement type E as suggested by error message(as you have declared it as inhouse and inhouse production can not be non-stock).

In this case, it is desired to have procurement type as F. But if you choose procurement type F, system will prompt you for 2 options at least 'reservation for WBS E' and PR+reservation for WBS E'.

You cannot have liberty of selecting item category(N or L) with the above requirement.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahendra & Gokul.

Thanks for the feedback..it was very helpful..

Closing the thread.

Regards,