cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain a SAP created distribution list in the customer master communication details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to maintain a SAP created distribution list (SO01 -> Environment -> Distribution List -> Create) in a customer master record (XD02 -> General Data -> Address -> Communication)?

I’ve checked SAP notes 1260015 and 960088 but it doesn’t look clear to me how to do it of if it’s even possible.

We’d like to do this as we’re looking at how to send SD documents to more than one email recipient.

Your inputs are appreciated, thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marcin_milczynski
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Distribution list can only be used in case of internal SAP communication (communication medium 7). In case of communication medium 5 external mail, the message is in standard sent ot 1 e-mail address and you cannot influence it unless you change a printing program for particular output type or create a custom program. You can assign multiple e-mail addresses in the customer master and then in the modified/custom printing program trigger sending the e-mail to all e-mail addresses assigned to the customer.

Regards,

Marcin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Follow the suggestion given in Q4 in the following note:-

Note 960088 - FAQ: Sending SD messages externally

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've already gone through that SAP note as I'm mentioning. The answer to Q4 is that it's not possible using the standard SAP system.

SAP proposes a work around that involves creating new partner functions or using your own customer-specific message processing program. These options are too "expensive" from an implementation point of view as I'm looking for a simple/smart way to solve this simple requirement (but maybe is not possible using SAP).

Thanks.