Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem retrieving JCO.Function object: Concurrent call

olivier_thiry
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a MII(12.1.9) transaction posting data to ERP through JCO function call. From time to time, we got this error :

Problem retrieving JCO.Function object: Concurrent call. Connection currently used in another thread.

Any idea how we can avoid this ? We are running in a clustered environment, and calls are coming from PLC with sometimes very short delays between 2 calls, I guess it's why we got this...

Thanks in advance

Regards

Olivier

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

olivier_thiry
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I asked my basis colleague to check, he saw in MII, the pool size for the JCO connection is set to 1.

Should we increase this pool size ? What's the impact of this ?

Also, in MII JCO function, there is a flag "Pool connection", should I set it to true ? What's the impact of this flag ? Help says nothing about this one...

Thanks

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

I never check that flag because it has given me problems in the past.

olivier_thiry
Participant
0 Kudos

Well, I don't know how I should interpret this answer

Anybody knows what's behind exactly ?

0 Kudos

Ok, let me summarize your scenario to ensure I understand it fully...You have multiple MII transactions running in parallel to each other and making calls to the SAP ERP system.  You have a single connection/credential alias combination setup to point to this system and the connection pool is set to a max of 1 in the connection alias. 

I recomment you set this connection pool back to it's default of 10 in order to allow the connection objects in the JCO connection pool to be accessible by these parallel MII transactions.  If a transaction has to wait too long for another transaction to release the "only" connection resource to ERP then you will see this error; which indicates that no objects are available because they are all in use.

Thanks,
Sam

olivier_thiry
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your reply.

And what's the impact of the flag "Pool connection" in the JCO function action block, should I set it to true ?

0 Kudos

Yes set it to true, the pool connections option allows these parallel transactions to take advantage of available and already established/authentication connections to ERP, rather than having to create a connection, authenticate it, and then perform the BAPI call.

Sam

olivier_thiry
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks again

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Thanks for jumping in.  I have been traveling a lot and unable to keep up with all the new posts.

Regards, Mike

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Olivier,

Can you ask a Basis person to see how many threads are configured for the MII installation (or perhaps even the NWCE installation).  You may need more in the pool.

Also there is a lifetime limit for unreleased connections which may be affecting the availability of the next connection due to that time duration.  I ran into a similar problem a long time ago with one of the early versions of 12.1.  A Basis person had to analyze the use of the connections and the release times associated before we could figure out that there was a bug with connections not being released after usage was complete.

Regards, Mike