cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounting Integration Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is quite old problem, but after going through all past posts I didn't find exact answer.

I want to do Accounting integration with MLC i.e. WBS Element.

I have done all steps mentioned in configuration guide as well as followed tips in old post.

Now , WBS elements are getting created automatically based on my setting, which is ok.

but the problem is whenever I click on calculate button, it says 'No costing data exists'.

This am clueless about this problem.

I tried using all PC02, PS01 and PS06 as costing variants in configuration but still no use.

Also I dont see anything under  COCPCPR controlling cockpit.

Please suggest , this is very urgent.

Thanks and regards,

Niketan Maral

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niketan,

By looking at your post I can give you solution based on my understanding(i.e. Based on which, I have worked). You use the PS06 as costing variant.

And then there should be some ECP value existing in PS.

Rgrds,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Santosh,

I am usinng PS06 as costing variant.

I did do ECP for this particular Project with a planning form in backend.

I saw apart from my Item in planning model i am getting 4 line items in easy cost planning which are nothing but 4 phases of cProjects!..

but even after all above , whenever i go to accounting tab and click on calculate it still says same thing

No Costing Data exists

Thanks and regards,

Niketan Maral

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niketan,

Try to avoid using the Planning Model. Give some data manually against some line item (for any particular activity only).

And also you make sure that there are no errors in the "Log for over all cost estimate".

Rgrds,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Santosh, this is very helpful.

I did ECP manually and now I see everything reflecting in Accounting Integration Tab.

But now I have a question, Figures are reflecting from ECP which is great, but i was expecting cost figures from cProject tasks which are not reflecting, what could be issue.

Look at below picture,

Voice of customer Task is assinged to Role Test Engineer for 15 Hrs , But Costs are still 0 , can you please explain.

Thanks and regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think this is because of its not calculating , when in include organisation unit it gives error cant not determine cost center? how to we maintain master cost center in PPOME for organisational unit..i am getting error...i tried doing many things....

Thanks and regards,

Niketan Maral

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the Reward Niketan,

Well, even I have the same question... I'm not getting how the settings for the cost/revenue calculation in cProjects are made to get them in Accounting tab.

I'm ttrying for the same, Niketan. I'll revert you once I 'm done.

Rgrds,

Santhosh

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Niketan,

just to get the problem right:

1) the 'Test Engineer' (the role assigned to the task) has a cost / revenue rate?

2) You try to link the organization unit to the cost center in ERP
(or in the PPM system? or are both the same for your example)?

3) what is the exact error message?

Best regards

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

Accounting is working now, I dont know what did I do exactly...but i did lot of things in backend and its calculating Costs.

PFB snapshot.

Answer to you questions :

1. Yes Test Engineer has cost / revenue rate--> That is infact my query..this rate should override task rate right? need to further check why its not happening so.

2. Perfect , this is issue I faced, when i assigned organisation unit in cProject project definition, it is showed error, that cost center can not be determined. I tried using PPOME and tried assigning master cost center over there but it throws some error " cost center can not be assigned", i tried using PA01 also , but i dont know how to assign master cost center and remove this error from cProjects. But when removed organisation unit from project definition, this worked as per above snapshot. And In my example both ERP and PPM are same.

3. So right now there are no error messages (with no Organisation unit), but i need to know how to assign master cost center to org unit in both cases a. ERP and PPM same systems b. ERP and PPM are different systems. Also I want to know why we need organisation unit in project accounting? may be a naive question.

4. Further how exactly we can have budget for this WBS elements and do evaluation / threshold  costs against budget in cProjects?

Thanks a lot

Niketan Maral

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NIketan/Thorsten,

Even I have the same problem(cost data from the rate card not getting calculated & displayed in accounting tab). I have maintained the Org unit at Project Def level. I have defined the cost/revenue rates in the "Define cost./revenue rates" settings. And in Controlling I have maintained the Activity type & Organization Unit too. Still no work.

@Niketan,

Niketan, even I checked by removing the Org unit from Project def, still not working.

I'm using Task Based costing.

Can you please give me solution or tel me what are the settings that I need to maintain.?

Rgrds,

Santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure to what extent I can help you;

I believe if you are doing cost planning based on roles, you need to have cost/revenue rate maintained at role level and if you want to do task based cost based cost planning then you need to have cost/revenue rate at task level. If you maintained rates at both level then system will always consider rate from Role.

Org unit is required to define the different cost/revenue rates with respect to different role and task usages e.g task executed from US and UK. It will define the planning currency. if you are facing issue with master cost center better you contact HR or finance consultant. I am still not sure when you mentioned that you removed the org unit and still you able to get planned cost. You can only see the planned cost in PPM but it will not update ECP in PS. The org unit assignment is needed. Kindly confirm.

Please check this link for more information on cost planning in PPM http://help.sap.com/saphelp_rc10/helpdata/en/ae/0670d4e2a64487b085bcc7a795f9d1/content.htm

if you don't get any planned cost in PS, you won't see planned cost in PPM or it will not update the initially planned cost. It will show errors / warning in PPM. In such case always check error log in ECP in PS and try to correct that.

I hope with this you can get some clue to solve you problem.

Pramod

schneidertho
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Niketan,

there is not much I can add to what Pramod has written.

Only 2 additions

- PPOME should be the place to maintain the cost center. tried it myself just now and it worked in my system

- costing without orgUnit - as far as I recall this can work under certain circumstance. I think if all the necessary things like controlling area, company code etc. can be derived without the orgUnit and you have also maintained some $ for the cost/revenue rates in customizing, the system will use a "dummy" cost center NOT_KNOWN in ECP.

Best regards

Thorsten