cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPM Correlation not working for one receive step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on a scenario where two files are received and have to be processed together in a mapping. I do not know what order the files will be received in.

I have two Receive steps in an Integration Process that receive two different types of file. I have configured both steps to start a process, use the correlation, and activate the correlation. I have confirmed that the values used in the correlations are the same using report RSWF_CRL_MAINTAIN.

If one file type is received by one of the Receive steps, the correlation works correctly and the two files are processed. If the other file type is received by the other Receive step, both files wait until they time out, and the correlation does not work. I am using the same files for testing so the values being compared by the correlation are the same in both cases.

We are using PI 7.1.

Kind regards

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

>>If one file type is received by one of the Receive steps, the correlation works correctly and the two files are processed. If the other file type is received by the other Receive step, both files wait until they time out, and the correlation does not work.

You mean if the order in which the two messages are received in PI is changed, only then you face issue? Can you share the screenshot of your Integration Process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Zameer

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, that is what I was trying to say. The order that the files are received determines whether the correlation works or not.

I've attached a screenshot below.

Kind regards

Steve

zameerf
Contributor
0 Kudos

Whether you would always receive only one file each for both file types, and then start processing and mapping? If so try to put a wait step and a counter next to receive step and check for counter value>0 and then start your mapping. This ensures that your n:1 mapping will be executed only when both files are received and correlation is satisfied. Just give a try.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Zameer

I tried putting a Wait step before one of the Receive steps but that didn't help me. I was going to add Wait and Counter steps and then realised that the Fork was configured with necessary branches = 2, which does pretty much the same thing,

Then I moved the first transformation out of the fork and the correlation did work, no matter what order the files are received in. Your suggestion of making sure both files have been received before starting to process them was correct.

Thanks for your help.

Steve

Answers (0)