Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vehicle field not appearing in shipment creation

nandeesh_kumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am in an implementation project for Transportation module. while creating shipments in VT01N fields like Vehicle, Driver1 and Diver 2 are not appearing.

Is there any thing which i should activate in the new system. please provide your valuable inputs.

Regards,

Nandeesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marcin_milczynski
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The fields truck, trailer, driver 1 and driver 2 are available in VT01N/VT02N only when the DSD (Direct Store Delivery) functionality is active. You can activate if under following IMG:

Regards,

Marcin

nandeesh_kumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Marcin,

Thanks for replying.

I unable to find Activate direct store delivery in IMG.

Please suggest me how to bring it.

Regards,

Nandeesh

marcin_milczynski
Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to activate Enterprice Extension Business Function EA-SCM in t.code SFW5. Please note that activation of the business function is one-way, so them impact has to be analyzed with the customer.

Regards,

Marcin

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the DSD functionality is made available only in ECC6 which would not be there in 4.7.  I presume, yours is 4.7 in which case, you have to make use of some unutilised fields in the shipment document.

G. Lakshmipathi

nandeesh_kumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for replying

i am using ECC6 system. Do i need to activate EA-SCM fully or any particular objects for DSD functinality.

Regards,

Nandeesh

marcin_milczynski
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As far as I know you activate the full EA-SCM BF and there is no possibility of activation only of chosen components.

Regards,

Marcin

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nandeesh_kumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All

Thanks a lot. I had to activate DSD functionality as suggested by Marcin.

Regards,

Nandeesh

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

check the VT01N here, identification tab , here vehicle field is their ,

and also check the path

img-logistic execution - transportation- shipments- configuration of transportation processing for  forwarding agents, her you will check at special variant at shipment assign ,

please check this

nandeesh_kumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Many thanks for your reply.

firstly i did not find vehicle field in the identification tab.

and also i tried to make the settings in IMG-logistic execution - transportation- shipments- configuration of transportation processing for  forwarding agents. i noticed that there are no standard variants  like activity profiles,Selection variants for shipments,deliveries are not found with respect to shipments.

Can you help me on this.

Regards,

Nandeesh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I could see those fields in "Processing" tab via VT02N.

G. Lakshmipathi

nandeesh_kumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks for your reply

I could not see fields like Vehicle, Driver1 and Diver 2 in processing tab. This is my issue.

Also i noticed that there are no standard variants related to shipment. Do i need to activate any thing?

Regards,

Nandeesh

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

can you send the screen shot your vt01n screen shot

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I feel something is missing from configuration part.  Check in IMG for shipment type what settings are maintained especially, for Scr.seq.group.  It should have been "T".

G. Lakshmipathi

nandeesh_kumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Please find the screen shot

Regards,

Nandeesh

nandeesh_kumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

I checked the configuration for shipment type. T is maintained for the Scr.seq.group.

Regards,

Nandeesh

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

External ID1 field like vehicle number, it same ,

check my screen

here vehicle number as a external identification number only, just change the field name , that field is ,

the field is EXTI1,

VTTK-EXTI1  check the table  VTTK, here this field system sows full name,

you can ask you ABAP consultant then change field name ,

External ID1 to Vehicle number , then it will come VT01N  Its vehicle number,

this field depending on our specific field ,

please check this

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

you want  field name ,

external ID1 to Vehicle number ,

first press F1 at field External id , next click on technical identification , like below screen

after below screen it will come

note the data element EXTI1,

next go to CMOD , here click on menu bar go to - text enhancement - keywords - change ,

like below screen

after below screen it will come

here you enter the data element EXTI1, press enter then change the field name as VEHICLE NUMBER , like below screen ,

then you will check , VT01N, here come vehicle number ,

please check this

nandeesh_kumar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thanks for your input. your suggestion is fine but according to the scenario i have to create  the vehicle as an equipment master and select the vehicle while creating shipments. because i had to maintain the fuel meter readings,calculate the fuel costs and also repair and maintenance for the vehicle. That's why vehicle field is important for my scenario.

I am not sure any configuration missing or any thing to activated.

Regards,

Nandeesh