Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer of stock from block to unrestricted

rohan_somji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is as follows,

After the GR of process order A is done a insp. lot gets created & while UD I reject the batch & hence the stock moves to block as I have used VMENGE 04 in customization. Now the same Process order A is reprocessed & again GR is done. This time while UD the lot is accepted. Now I want the stock from block to move to unrestricted.

Can anybody pls tell me if this is possible.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohan Somji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

When you say the same process order is re-processed, does that mean you moved stock from Bloked stock to Un-restricted stock to get it re-processed...?? Or else how did you managed it?

Also, you should have a seperate Inspection lot to get inspection done on for re-processes process order...

Regards,

Anup

rohan_somji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

currently when i reject the first lot the stock got accumlated in block as per the config. Now when i have re processed the same PO a new lot got generated & now I have accepted the lot. But now a new stock has got generated in unrestricted. Now there are two stocks one in block & other in Unrestricted which is wrong. Hence I wanted to move the block stock to unrestriced. Is there any possibility for the same.

there are two inspection lot created for the same PO. so can i maintain any link. If yes then how??

Also pls let me know In SPRO--Quality Management--Quality Inspection--Inspection Lot Completion--Define Inventory Postings what is the relevance of adding movt type in unrestrStk. The stock gets transferred to block based on movt type maintained in Q Stock. Then what is the relevance of maintaining movt type in unrestrStk.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohan Somji

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

From your description, I udnerstood that you're doing Process Order confirmations and generating inspection lots for each. Now to clarify you:

Generated inspection lot is specific to a GR lot... not specific to process order or it's total qty.

So if you reject / accept inspection lot, corresponsing inspection/GR lot qty will move to Un-restricteed/Blocked Stock... You understanding of 'a new insp lot accepted so earlier rejected/blocked stock should also move to un-restricted' is very wrong...

Stock will move as per the inspection lot UD and specific to a respective lot.

There is no way to do that... but yes, you will be able to get a list of inspection lots generated for a particular process order.

Regards,

Anup

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Confusion here! Rohan kindly excuse me as I did not understand this perfectly.

1. Lets assume you created production order of 100NOS
  2. You confirmed and delivered the order for 80NOS
  3. Order is still open by 20NOS
  4. System generated inspection lot for 80, which you posted to block stock through QA32.
  5. Now you can post a fresh GR again. But maximum of 20 NOS, as order is balanced for only 20 and nor 80.
  6. System will generate a new inspection lot here for 20NOS. If these are ok you can transfer it to unrestricted.
  7. So the situation becomes, order fully delivered with 2 GR documents and 2 inspection lots. 80 are lying in block and 20 in unrestricted.

What I did not understand is,

1. If you are re-processing these 80 NOS, then these should be consumed and should be GRed again
  2. How can you declare these 80 again against the same order? That is what Sujit must be pointing out. You must be creating a new order?
  3. How exactly you have mapped this re-processing process?

As per my understanding, transferring stock from block to unrestricted and declaring new stock through fresh GR are two independent events and has no co-relation.

If at all you want to transfer the stock from block to unrestricted I am sure you must be using 343 movement type through MB1B

Regards,

Anand

rohan_somji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

I never said I had such an understanding. All I wanted to know if such a scenario is possible or not as this was one of our business requirement. What you have said is accepted & this is how currently the system behaves. Anyways thank you for your guidance.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohan Somji

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

Apologies if I misunderstood your understanding... but yes this is how system behaves.

Regards,

Anup

rohan_somji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand/ Sujit & Anup,

Here is what is our business requirement.

FUNCTIONALLY:-

Process order A gets created for 1000 L. GR is done for 1000 L. Now one insp Lot gets created. During quality check the Lot does not match the quality parameters & hence the lot needs to be rejected. So UD is done & lot is rejected. But later Quality says minor changes in formulation will help retain the batch. So say material X is added during the final confirmation & again GR is done for same batch of 1000 L. Now again a new insp lot is created. This time the quality parameters are accepted & hence the new lot is accepted. What my business says is now they want the previous stock from block to move to unrestricted as physically they have re processed the same batch of 1000 L.

TECHNICALLY:-

I'm also at the same level of understanding as u all Gurus are. What Anup has said is spot on & I totally agree. But before I finally say no to my business I'm just trying to confirm if at all this is possible.

Also a possible solution which I'm thinking,

In QS51 instead of VMENGE 04,  I'll keep it as VMENGE07. Now in Define Inventory Postings for VMENGE 07 the movt type for Qstock is 122(return to vendor) which means stock to disappear.

So now what my business can do is if the 1st lot is rejected then the stock will disappear from system. Now let the re-processing be done a after GR a new lot be created & this time the lot be accepted. After UD stock will be generated in system & no duplication of stock will be available. pls suggest if you feel this is preferable.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohan Somji

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

Still it's bit difficult to digest the scenario you're describing...

By having small formulation change a batch can be retained... is fine... but how you can post GR again for the same Process Order ?? Will it not be a duplicate GR Entry ??

Also in possible solution, you mentioned to use movt type-122 to disappear the stock from system... but did you thought that it's nothing but 'Return To Vendor' movement and will have some Financial Impact in system.

So overall, sorry to say but I'm really not convinced with the requirement/process & possible solution... 🙂

My other thought would be if you are going to do some formulation change to retain the batch, you can move Blocked Stock to Un-restricted stock and create a Rework Order so as to stock will be reworked. And then you can think of having quality of that rework order & map your requirement.

Give it a thought...

Regards,

Anup

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can I suggest an alternative?

Use inspection point processing with your 04 lots.

When you record results for the first GR you'll be recording them against the first create inspection point.  When the results are bad, reject the inspection point but don't make the UD.

Make you adjustments to the lot and perform the second GR.  The qty should be added to the open inspection lot.

Now create the second inspection point and record results on that.  If it passes, make the UD then.  The full amount will still be associated with the lot and will go to UR.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now the same Process order A is reprocessed & again GR is done. :

-My Understanding is that it should not allow you to do GR for same process order.

Even if it possible then by creating GR it should again create new inspection lot.How can you establish a link between already existing stock & new stock.lot with new GR created .

rohan_somji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Yes I Can do the GR for the same PO again. Currently in config in QS51 for rejection of Lot VMENGE 04 is maintained & the corresponding movt type for the same is maintained in Define Inventory Postings where VMENGE04 has movt type in Q Stock as 350 & movt type in unrestrStk as 344. Hence the stock moves to block stock after the lot is rejected.

After doing GR again for the same PO a new insp. lot is created. Now as soon as the new is accepted I want the block stock to move to unrestricted as the insp. lot corresponds to same PO.

What I want to know Is there any procedure to achieve this. In SPRO--Quality Management--Quality Inspection--Inspection Lot Completion--Define Inventory Postings what is the relevance of adding movt type in unrestrStk. The stock gets transferred to block based on movt type maintained in Q Stock. Then what is the relevance of maintaining movt type in unrestrStk.

Thanks & Regards,

Rohan Somji

Former Member
0 Kudos

No...Rohan.

There is no std way out for this...you may have to look for exit.!