cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

query based print layout design

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can we know from pld that this pld belongs to which query and how can we add parameter to this pld.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try:

Select Distinct T0.DocCode,T0.DocName,Substring(Qstring,1,800) from rdoc t0

join ritm t1 on T1.DocCode=T0.DocCode

where T0.typecode like 'usrp%'

Thanks,

Gordon

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unlike other PLD, QPLD will not be editable. It means whenever you updated your query, QPLD has to be recreated. You can use template utility to facilitate the task.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

with your quires i am able to find from which query i made the QLD but when i change the query to accept one or more parameters the parameters does not get added to that pld.

I think as sap b1 saves the queries in rdoc table and does not refrence the query from other table.

This means changes to query does not reflect in qld until we update the ritm column (which is not suggested).Any  suggestion to add parameter in existing qld

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khagesh........

Simply go through this Doc. It will help you to learn how to create PLD for Query based.......

http://www.tegrous.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/HowTo_QPrintLs_88.pdf

Regards,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul,

Thanks for your link but i know how to create pld.In crystal report from connection properties we can see which procedure/table we have used.I want to know how we can see this through pld.

In addition if we add a parameter to procedure then after database upgrade option in crystal report we can get the parameter.How to do in pld?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khagesh.......

You need to include the Condition Parameter like if condition is on DocDate normally in query then

Where T0.DocDate>='[%1]'

Then when you create its PLD and preview it will ask you to put the date and when you give this parameter it will display the Print Preview.........

And same parameter will get printer on your PLD also...

Regards,

Rahul

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Khangesh,

If you have already built the query.

Then click on query manager. highlight your query and click Create Report Give the desired report name on your own. The Report Name will be belongs to that particular query.

The required parameters do be designed at the query level which will reflect in the pld parameters.

Follow these steps:

1. Create a Query in SAP Business One
  2. Open the Query Manager
  3. Find your Report
  4. Highlight your report (single click)
  5. Click on the Create Report button at the bottom of the window.
  6. A window appears with the name of your query at the top of the window.
  7. Window is divided into two parts: Top is existing reports, bottom is a list of the report templates.
  8. Click on the User Report (System) template in the bottom part of the window.
  9. Click the OK button.
  10. You are returned to the Query Manager
    (At this point you are probably thinking that nothing happened, but it did).
  11. Click on the Create Report button once more.
  12. The Create User Report window opens again. Now in the top part (the box under Name) of the window you will see the name of the report you were trying to create. This indicates that the initial report was created successfully.
  13. Now...Double Click on the the name of your query in that section and the Print Layout Designer (PLD) windows will open and allow you to modify the layout of the query information on the report.

After you have completed your changes to the layout and have saved your work, you can see the actual printed document by accessing the Query Manager, highlighting your report name, and clicking the print preview icon at the top of the screen.

Regards

Kennedy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kennedy T

I have already created pld.I am having no of pld and no of queries now i want to know how can i distinguish which query belongs to which pld.

In addition i have added a parameter to query but it is not reflecting on pld.Is there any update option like crystal report?

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Khagesh,

Check with this Table RDOC  for the Query Pld. you can get the query from this table.

Try with this query.

select DocName,QString from rdoc where doccode like '%USRP%'

Regards

Kennedy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kennedy T

is it suggested if i directly update the column query??

KennedyT21
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No You should Not update the SBO Tables.

Regards

Kennedy