cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launch file error in Java Web Start

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have previously got a development server working with a lower patch level. Then we proceed to patch from the J2EE from level 5 to level 11. During the installation it complains that the runtime library must be j2re1.4.2_06 - we installed j2re 1.4.2_07. the patch installation went thru smoothly.

But I can start SLD, runtime monitor but not integration Directory.

It errors show -

Launch file error

JAR resources in JNLP is not signed by the same certificate.

I have checked the proxy (previously it not set to null) and set it to null, reinitialized and forced signed in java web administrator. Still it refuse to start.

Any clue ?

rdgs

Gary

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you clear the WebStart-cache on the client machine. It's done via the WebStart-Console.

Regards,

Hermann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Hermann.

The problem is resolved due to the fact I have clicked on the repository java web administrator for the reintialized portion. Didn't realise that there 3 different place to click the reinitialize options.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks J,

SAP just released note 831772 which details the problem as well.

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is the same issue as listed in topic "Integration Builder doesn't start after SP11"

The problem is with the 'Cummulative patch for XI TOOLS 3.0 SP11' which SAP has since removed from the download area.

The patch has an issue where at least one of the jar files in the tools JNLP file were signed with a different certificate.

SP11 works fine if you install it without this patch.

Thanks,

J

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gary,

I have encountered the same error and tried to walk through the same steps that you did to resolve your issue. When you mentioned three places where you "re-initialized" what were these? I have re-initialized the Repository and Directory and SLD Cache. No-luck...

Mark