cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI Rollout activities

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please could anyone give me some idea about SAP BW Rollout projects like what is rollout,what activities need to perform,what important points need to keep in mind before starting any rollout etc.I have searched in SDN but i have not found required information.Greatful if anyone can help me out.

Points will be assigned!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

naresh_babu3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When estimating a SAP BW Rollout Project, we follow these 10 Best Practices:

1.Gather all available existing information, i.e., existing reports, dashboards.
2.Determine the current implementation status of the SAP or Oracle or other ERP and legacy systems.
3.Establish whether a solid BW Naming Convention is established and used.
4.If not, include a separate estimate to bring the naming conventions up to date.
5.Map, to the extent possible, the SAP BW Business Content to the requirements uncovered in Step 1 and from any other requirement sources
6.Analyze the security integration requirements in those cases where SAP BW is being added after system is stable.
7.Examine the organization chart for available of internal resources.
8.Establish what type of implementation this will be:  Initial deployment, build of requirements strictly per clients direction, or, business advisory type, where clients are looking for advice on what could be done beyond what they have thought of.
9.Budget time for business case development and refinement throughout the project.
10.Compare to past SAP BW project durations as cross-check on the probability of success.

Thanks,

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Really your tips are valuable.

Points assigned!!!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivas,

I am currently working in a Rollout project.

It is like a semi-implementation.

We will have a global template, based upon that we need to implement for other countries. There will be some changes to be captured for rolling out for new countries and get those requirements and develop as accordingly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Saimukesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sreenivas,

a) Check for the implemented solutions

b) Understand for the rollout what are the changes in the flow .

c) Build the technical specs for the new flow with naming conventions, the flow should be almost equal to the solution that is already implemented

d) Take care of currency conversions

Cheers!

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ravi.I appreciate your time.