cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding a set of roles from users requesting from the front end!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have any one did this to hide couple of roles from showing to users in the role search tab when they try to request roles from the front end.

I tried the option of Visibility tab in the role properties tab but this option is completely hiding the role from showing to users already assigned also.

My requirement is when users go to and raise a role request some of the roles i select should not show in the search so they dont raise those role request.

Thanks,

Arun.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If there is any way to do it, it would have been the object visibility tab.  Not sure what version you're on, but in 7.2 SP4, there is an "Entry visibility" dropdown that says, "Owners + members".  I would guess that this option should satisfy your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

We are running on 7.1 version and we do have these two options. The problem with this option is it will completely hide the roles from the front end - even it will not show in the list of roles user is having.

My requirement is to only hide the roles from users requesting adhoc access from the front end.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arun, is this a nested role?  It could be that you need to grant visibility to parent / child roles.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

These are normal roles which does not have child roles. the total list of roles i want to hide are only 10 roles.

Thanks,

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Within the "Attributes" tab of the UI task your users would use to select the roles they request for, if you were to edit the MXREF_MX_ROLE attribute, you can then goto the "Attribute Values" tab for that attribute, and you should be able to create a SQL query that appropriately filters out which roles to show; this way, dynamically it will be able to show roles only to users who already have the role and not to users that don't (or any other condition you might need to create)

I hope that helps; please let me know if you have any more questions around this.

Thanks and Best regards,
Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Sandeep for this suggestion. Ya we looked for this option which did not work for out environment and the number of roles we wanted to hide from users raising the requests.

So we have now taken a different approach of extension framework framework which worked very well.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

thanks,

Arun A

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried the access control tab?