cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI 7.20 on Windows 7 Enterprise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Currently in my compnay we have SAP GUI 7.20 Patch level 9 on Win-7,We have a config files e.g  saplogon.ini and saplogontree.xml files gets updated every month and its stored at "C:\Program Files\Test\SAPConfigFiles".We have enabled one registry key to point to the SAP config file central location.

Now we have come up with some issues while users have reported:

1) The sap app is looking at the %Appdata%/common/SAP or even at Virtual Store folder on win-7 and its refer to the older config files?

Any idea would be really appreciated if we can make the SAP app refer to the central location("C:\Program Files\Test\SAPConfigFiles) for  the config file all the time?

Look forward to hear from you all soon.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can set globle Environment Variable (in Windows) like below to reflect path of saplogon.ini file...

SAPLOGON_INI_FILE = "C:\PATH_TO_YOUR_SAPLOGON.INI_FILE"

This environment variable cause the SAPGUI to use saplogon.ini file located in above path...

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Jann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jann,

Thanks for your reply.I have alreday tried this on affected users but it stills points to Virtual Store folder in %Appdata%?

Do you have any idea why SAP Logon Pad is not looking in the "C:\Program Files\Test\SAPConfigFiles"  location?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

may the information of this thread will help you: http://scn.sap.com/thread/1793315

Kind regards,

Jann

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

This thread is currently in SCN Support, which is the support space for SAP Community Network and not SAP products.  I'm going to move it to the SAP GUI space.

When posting, please select an appropriate space where topic experts will see and reply to it: SCN Site Index

Kind regards,

Jason