cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM console -Admin node missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to MDM 7.1 system. Being a Basis admin, I am trying to connect to a existing repository which is not connected to MDM Console( as seen in the status) in MDM server but couldn't get the correct username and password. I would like view the users and change the password of "Admin". But as stated in the MDM concole- referance guide, I am not able to find the "Admin" node under the console Hierarchy of MDM console.

Statement from reference guide:

"The Users table stores the MDM user names that can access the MDM repository. When selected from the Console Hierarchy tree (it is a child of the Admin node), the Users table’s records appear in the top-right pane."

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Selvarani,

Admin node appears in every repository once you connect to the repository. It contains various system generated tables like Roles, Users, Ports, Remote Systems etc. And admin node will not appear when you mount server only. You should be able to connect to repository in order to view Admin node.

But as explained by you, you are not able to connect to Repository because of wrong username/password combination. But for every repository, there is one Admin user already created by MDM system. So you can try connecting with below credentials:

UserName : Admin

Password : No password required (Leave it Blank)

Then press enter and you will be connected to repository.

Then you will be able to see Admin node and you can add users and roles and then login with your own, new created, username/password.

Kindly try this and let me know if this was helpful.

Thanks and Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,Ankush.

I tried ADMIN username without password but I am getting error message "Repository connect failed-Error:invalid object state"

I created a new repository and tried to logging with username:ADMIN with no password for testing. Error connecting to repository with messge " Error: invalid logon credentials"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Selvarani,

Can you please check by using password as sapmdm?

It is the password of new created repositories in MDM 7.1.

Also for username Admin, A is capital.

Regarding the error message earlier faced by you, it could be that repository state is invalid/outdated/busy etc. So try using this now and let me know if you face this issue again.

Regards,

Ankush Bhardwaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Selvarani,

Just for information, MDM login credentials are case sensitive. For new repository, use user name as 'Admin' rather 'ADMIN'.

If you are using any standard repository, then User: Admin and Pass: sapmdm.

Let us know, if you further face this issue.

Thx/ -Tarun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ankush and Tarun.

Atlast my issue got resolved as a last try, I unmounted the repository and remounted it.I got connected with "Admin"username and password:sapmdm.Thanks again.

Answers (0)