Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with the Alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an issue with the Alerts on the PI System. We are on PI 7.3

All the Configuration on the ALRTCATDEF, SCOT and the RWB are complete.

When message failure was tested on our QA box, I see the failure notification in the Alert Inbox and no email is sent to my outlook.

I tested this on the Dev box and the process works fine. Transported the ALRTCATDEF objects to QA and the process doesnt work (Message sent to Alert Inbox and   not to the Outlook)

I appreciate any help.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check with your Basis team if they have any setting made to disable SAP Connect in your quality system (SCOT)

Compare your settings with what is described here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/af/73563c1e734f0fe10000000a114084/content.htm

Best Regards,

Ravi

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>I tested this on the Dev box and the process works fine. Transported the ALRTCATDEF objects to QA and the process doesnt work 

Have you done alert inbox rules for this interface in QA? Also check mail port is enabled in QA.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

do you see any scot errors in transaction SOST ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont see any activity on the SOST.

Thanks.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

then check out SCOT config again,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal. The email address was missing on the user profile on SU01. Thats the last place I would look for any issue. Earlier the failure notification was only going to the Alert Inbox. After the user profile was fixed, the message is getting to the outlook address.

Thanks.

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hehe nice

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk