cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MiniSAP with MaxDB forgot password

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed MiniSAP with MaxDB. I forgot MiniSAP and MaxDB passwords (control and superdba). I have to uninstall MaxDB and I need to reset control and superdba's password. How can I reset both passwords?. Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member229109
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

"I have to uninstall MaxDB and I need to reset control and superdba's password."

If you have uninstall the MAXDB, then drop the DB instance and uninstall the MAXDB software.

After that install the new one, if you will need.

C:\sapdb\NSP\db\pgm>dbmdrop -d NSP

< !! be carfull with this command - the database instance NSP will be dropped and data/log/configuration files will be deleted >

If SAP customer => see SAP note 1668638 & use SDBUNINST.

Why do you need to reset control and superdba's password?

Please post output "dbmcli db_enum -s" and "sdbregview -l"

Do you remember master installation password?

Are you SAP customer?

Regards, Natalia Khlopina

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. C:\sapdb\NSP\db\pgm>dbmdrop -d NSP

This command worked Ok. I could uninstall MiniSAP after running it.

I needed to reset control and superdba's password just to uninstall MiniSAP with sapinst.exe

I don't remember master installation password.

2. I am not a SAP customer.

Thank you very much for your time and help.

Problem solved.

Regards, Ricardo Barbieri

0 Kudos

Hello Ricardo,

Please keep in mind not to forget your passwords - there is no standard procedure to recover lost or forgotten passwords.

Alternatively you can maintain the user information using the  DBSTUDIO or XUSER entries as follows:

1) If you are able to connect the MaxDB using DBMGUI/DATABASE STUDIO and the password is saved in those tools, you would be able to change the password using dbmcli command.

2) If the XUSER entries are maintained that contain connection information that is required to log on to the database. (Refer to the solution of this note 39439) to create XUSER entries for the OS User.

Regards,

Yashwanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

After the suggested steps don't forget to do follow this topic http://scn.sap.com/thread/196206 to be able to reinstall MiniSAP.

Regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also if you are going to reinstall, if you have an error take a look to this post http://scn.sap.com/thread/2011604