cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Field Attribute change in SRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are using SRM 5.0 with classic scenario. I want to make "Alternate Recipient" field as mandatory one. Currently this is optional. This field is populated at the time of shopping cart creation.

Could you please help me with the steps to make this field as required field. Awaiting your kind reply.

Subhash

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do so from SPRO -Extensions and Field Control-Configure Control for Fields on Item Level. Here you can decide if you want the field as required. If you check the box then you will get the red star above the field in the UI.

Now if you are able to move forward without entering values to the field on the UI, then you need to put a code in the check badi. to check that particular field.

Regards,

Naveeen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

I dont see below nevigation path in SPRO:

SPRO -Extensions and Field Control-Configure Control for Fields on Item Level

Please note that we are using SMR 5.0

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

I am not sure of SRM 5.0. You can search for Configure Control for fields on Item level. If it is not there. Then you can definitely put the code in check badi for SC . It will definitely work.

Regards,

Naveen

timea_geczi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

Extensions and Field Control is for ABAP WebDynpro, i.e. it is valid from SRM 7.0. It is not available for SRM 5.0 using ITS technology.

You can use BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI to control this field.

Check this thread for sample implementations:

Re: Error message control for invoice w/o PO in SRM

Regards,

Timea

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Timea..

Subhash

Answers (0)