cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System ignoring SNP dep demd in PPDS horizon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a product setup with 30 days of SNP horizon ( PPDS active with in first 30 days and then SNP).

I have the master data setup right with a valid PPDS PPM.

I have some production orders created on Day1 and day3 and few more manually created PPDS planned orders till Day10. From day 11 to day 30 there is some SNP dependent demand  and the system is not planning PPDS planned orders for this demand. I no supply shortage first 10 days and the shortage starts creeping up and up till day 30. on Day31, since it is going to SNP horizon, the SNP planned orders are created.

I however could go in and manually create a PPDS planned order on Day14 with reference to the valid PPDS PPM.

The question is whether PPDS is ignoring SNP dependent demand in the PPDS horizon?

What confused me is I tried to pick a product where there are no orders and placed some SNP dependent demand in the PPDS horizona nd ran the heiristic job and system created PPDS planned order for the SNP depdemd.

Any ideas on why the system is doing this?

Thanks,

venkat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

For PP/DS to consider SNP orders, you need to either fix/firm them manually or convert them to PP/DS orders within PP/DS horizon i.e. PP/DS always expect to receive confirmed orders for detailed planning.

Thanks,
Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

But I am talking about PPDS considering SNP dependent demand not SNP planned orders.

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venkat,

Firming  a SNP planned order leads to fix the SNP dependent demand and hence, considered by the PP/DS engine within PP/DS production horizon.

Thanks,
Rajesh