cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Triggers configuration in GRC AC10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I have seen a configuration node in GRC AC10 stating HR triggers and if i am not wrong it triggers access request for authorization change request in CUP functionality.

Please if there are any documents explaining the basic concepts &  configuration of HR triggers please let me know.

Thanks you.

Regards,

Victor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

PFB clearification over the basics of HR Trigger and why we use it:-

**HR trigger is basically used to pull HR master data changes which we can find in transactions PA30 and PA40 in R/3 system. Whenerver we do any change in PA30 or PA40, it triggers a request through CUP and we can find the process log created in CUP under configuration tab.

How this process log is created in CUP and how the request gets created in CUP?

1) We need to create Actions and Rules first in CUP under configuration tab for HR Trigger which will define a condition. Like if I give 'position' in my 'action' and create a 'rule' for it then whenever there is any change in PA30 for user 'position' the condition will get satisfied in CUP 'action' and it will trigger a request.

2) For looking into the logs of the request or whether it is successfull or not, we can check it through

'Process Log' tab under HR Trigger in Configuration.

3) The connection between R/3 and CUP is established through connector, therefore, when we do any changes in PA30 in R/3 it checks for the rules and action created in CUP through connector and the request gets created for user provisioning or user changes in CUP. 

4) The changes done in PA30(Master Data) will also get reflected in tables “/VIRSA/INT_TRIG” and “/VIRSA/DATA”  in Tcode:- SE16.

This is the whole summary for HR trigger. Let us know if you need more details..

Regards,

Akhil Chopra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Akhil,

Thank you explaining the whole process in simple words.

Regards,

Victor

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

You may refer the following configuration guide of HR trigger. Though it is of 5.3 version but still it may help your somewhere to just clear your basics.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b050c6bf-f8f4-2b10-67aa-95573e611...

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/GRC/Troubleshooting+HR+Trigger+related+issues+in+AC+5.3+version

Regards,

Yukti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Please refer the below mentioned notes :

SAP note 1602301- Changes done in in HR trigger 10.0 from 5.3 version.

SAP note-1591291GRC 10.0 - This note contains the detailed description on HR Trigger configuration

You may also refer the following link for your reference:-

http://www.sapq.us/grc-ac-10-how-to-create-hr-triggers-for-new-user-request/

I hope this information helps you.

Best Regards,

Yukti

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Silky & Yukti : Thank you for providing exhaustive material for configuring triggers.

I am not an expert on HR authorizations or HR related process , so was looking from the perspective of getting to know the basics about the HR triggers.

Anyways i will start with the configuration and incase i come up with some error i will post them.

Thanks & Regards,

Victor

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

I will suggest you to please follow the steps mentioned in the SAP note-1591291 as you are using 10.0.

Please feel free to raise query in the forum if you face any kind of issue.

Regards,

Silky

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Kindly check SAP Note 1591291 to have  details of HR Trigger configuration in 10.0

1591291: GRC 10.0 - HR Trigger configuration.

Regards,

Silky