cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Unwired Server Connection Profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed a SUP Server 2.1. It has the following connection details (VPN protected):

Hostname: IFSV29

IP address: 10.41.44.25

Mangement Port: 2000

The server is running according services.msc and Sybase Control Center.

A simple ping from my local machine ping 10.41.44.25 is successful and I have a working mstsc connection to the server.

I use these settings in the Mobility SDK.

I get an exception (see below).

I think I need different values for host and IP domain. Do I need to configure subdomains and a FQDN to make the connection work? I would prefer to test with simple IP address only.

Best Regards,

Rene

com.sybase.uep.admin.client.AdminException: com.sybase.djc.SystemException: Error: Connecting to host: IFSV29.10.41.44.25, port: 2000.

at com.sybase.sup.admin.client.impl.AdminContext.initialize(AdminContext.java:89)

at com.sybase.sup.admin.client.impl.AdminContext.getInstance(AdminContext.java:35)

at com.sybase.sup.admin.client.impl.ServerConnectionImpl.<init>(ServerConnectionImpl.java:22)

at com.sybase.sup.admin.client.impl.ServerConnectionImpl.<init>(ServerConnectionImpl.java:29)

at com.sybase.uep.admin.client.ServerConnectionManager.ping(ServerConnectionManager.java:191)

at com.sybase.uep.admin.client.ServerConnectionManager.updateConnectionProperties(ServerConnectionManager.java:98)

at com.sybase.uep.admin.client.ServerConnectionManager.clusterConnect(ServerConnectionManager.java:68)

at com.sybase.uep.datasources.uepprofile.UEPServerConnection.checkCompatibility(UEPServerConnection.java:88)

at com.sybase.uep.datasources.uepprofile.UEPServerConnection.<init>(UEPServerConnection.java:58)

at com.sybase.uep.datasources.uepprofile.UEPConnectionFactory.createConnection(UEPConnectionFactory.java:16)

at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectionFactoryProvider.createConnection(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectionProfile.createConnection(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.ui.PingJob.createTestConnection(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.ui.PingJob.run(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:54)

Caused by: com.sybase.djc.SystemException: Error: Connecting to host: IFSV29.10.41.44.25, port: 2000.

at com.sybase.djc.rmi.iiop.client.Connection.init(Connection.java:619)

at com.sybase.djc.rmi.iiop.client.Connection.getInstance(Connection.java:65)

at com.sybase.djc.rmi.iiop.client.ConnectionPool.iiopConnection(ConnectionPool.java:455)

at com.sybase.djc.rmi.iiop.client.ConnectionPool.newConnection(ConnectionPool.java:410)

at com.sybase.djc.rmi.iiop.client.ConnectionPool.get(ConnectionPool.java:152)

at com.sybase.djc.rmi.iiop.client.ConnectionPool_DJC.get(ConnectionPool_DJC.java:30)

at com.sybase.djc.rmi.iiop.ObjectRef.$connect(ObjectRef.java:275)

at com.sybase.djc.org.omg.CosNaming.iiop_stubs.NamingContext._is_a(NamingContext.java:60)

at com.sybase.djc.rmi.iiop.client.ClientNamingContext.init(ClientNamingContext.java:697)

at com.sybase.djc.rmi.iiop.client.ClientNamingContext.getInstance(ClientNamingContext.java:76)

at com.sybase.sup.admin.client.impl.AdminContext.initialize(AdminContext.java:82)

... 14 more

Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: IFSV29.10.41.44.25

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:529)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:478)

at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:375)

at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:189)

at com.sybase.djc.rmi.iiop.client.Connection.init(Connection.java:607)

... 24 more

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We eventually found out that on our machines port 2000 is used for some VOIP service. When we changed everything to port 2020 the connection was finally working.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rene, what software was causing that problem? We are facing similar issue and was wondering if that VOIP software could be our problem.

Also you say you changed to 2020, that probably means change on server side first, right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramon, the problem was not the VOIP service itself. It was only that the VOIP service used port 2000. If you have a similar problem then just try a port change. The change is indeed on server side. I think it can be done with Sybase Control Center (SCC). But cant remember exactly.

Cheers,

Rene

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rene! Changing port solved our problem too.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rene

Can you please tell me how did you find that 2000 is in use with other service in your SUP server installed machine

Regards

Dinesh.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have tried to deploy the wrokflow, At this point time I am not able fetch the user list and I have done  cross check whether the device is registered  or not  through the SCC login, and it is successfully registered and status is online. Even though I am getting the below error in the console.

============================================================

Copying setup files

Generating code

Code generation complete

Generating C:\Users\madhu.korepu\workspace\WorkOrderApprovalProject\Generated Workflow\WorkOrderApproval\WorkOrderApproval.zip

Created C:\Users\madhu.korepu\workspace\WorkOrderApprovalProject\Generated Workflow\WorkOrderApproval\WorkOrderApproval.zip

Deployment to Unwired Server

Unable to connect to the Unwired Server MSS5970 due to : com.sybase.djc.SystemException: Error: Connecting to host: msxxxx, port: 2000.

In other way, I have tried to deploy the workflow without assigning to any user, at this of ponit time also I am getting the above referenced error only.

Could you please any  help me to figure out this issue .

Warm Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maybe a DN resolution problem. Can you ping the host msxxxx? Also check Daniels answer above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

You can find an answer in the very first line of the stack trace:

(...)

com.sybase.uep.admin.client.AdminException: com.sybase.djc.SystemException: Error: Connecting to host: IFSV29.10.41.44.25, port: 2000.

(...)

Please note that SDK is trying to connect to IFSV29.10.41.44.25 - it doesn't seem like a correct address.

The address was merged from Host and IP domain. Try to leave IP domain empty and place IP in Host.

Hope this helps.

With kind regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

sorry, I posted the wrong exception. I have 2 connection profiles. In the beginning I tried with the IP address. When trying with the domain names which I added to my hosts file for that IP address I get:

Could not connect to My Unwired Server.

Error creating Unwired Server Connection connection to My Unwired Server. (Error: org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out  vmcid: 0x0  minor code: 0  completed: No)

org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out  vmcid: 0x0  minor code: 0  completed: No

I get that after a few minutes. I get the same exception if I use the IP address the way you suggested.

Cheers,

Rene

tahir_z
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Server and SDK are within the same machines, or ?

Regards

Tahir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tahir,

no, but they are in same VPN. But I also have a SDK installed on the server. That one can connect. But for real development within a team working directly on  the server is not an option

Cheers,

Rene