cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BO 4.0 Mobile Server - Architecture with 3 BOE System Landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am preparing a concept for a SAP BO 4.0 installation (including Mobile Server). There will be 3 different BOE servers (Dev/Quality/Production) and the Mobile Components will be installed on an additional separate server. Do I also need to have 3 servers for Mobile components in place or can I connect with 1 Mobile Server to all 3 BOE systems (Dev/Quality/Production)? If one Mobile Server is sufficient, where do I maintain the connections to BOE systems?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

BR,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andreas,

Mobile server will be required per environment because you will need validate the content within each environment, especially if you developing reports just for iPad users.  With BI 4.0 w/ SP4 you can now view Crystal Reports, Explorer workspace and limited WebI reports on the iPAD.  You can even develop special scorecards and trend WebI reports just for iPad viewing.  Like any content it will need to validated and prompted from DEV to QA to PROD.

Good Luck,

Ajay Gupta

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Andreas,

If you are going to integrate with BES, you would want min TWO environments.  This way it would allow you to test integration within one environment before deploying to PROD.  The good thing with Blackberry is that all the tools would work 100% via the browser so the content could also be tested using browser.  For the iPad you don't need any special back-end settings, you would simply download the FREE SAP related applications from the APP store and create three connections (DEV, QA, PROD). 

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

What type of Mobile Devices are you planing to use ?

If you are planning to use iOS devices such a Ipad then one Mobile Server, i.e. one instance of MobileBIService.war should be sufficient as you will also have to provide connection details for CMS server on the SAP BI app on the ipad and during this configuration you can provide the connection details for different CMSes of different systems.

Regards,

Mihir Tailor

Former Member
0 Kudos

...customer wants use iOs and Blackberry in combination with BES. So does it mean that I need to have 3 Mobile Servers for Blackberry?

BR,

Andreas