cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is SLED without Batch Mgmt Possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

If I have not activated the Batch Management in SAP, but I have activated the SLED at the warehouse level. Then will I be able to maintain FEFO at the warehouse level?

Regards,

Abhi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhi,

Yes it is very much possible to work with SLED and FIFO, batch management in not mandatory for this.

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kamal.

I have one clarification. If I have not activated batch management, and I am following the SLED in WM. Now during picking if I want to use the strategy as SLED (i.e. FEFO), then will the system do that?

If yes, then does it means that, even without batch management activated, the system created seperate lots in backend for different expiry date?

BR

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Refer update on your requirement.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/837815

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Now during picking if I want to use the strategy as SLED (i.e. FEFO), then will the system do that?"

It will pick the quant with the shortest date left.

"If yes, then does it means that, even without batch management activated, the system created seperate lots in backend for different expiry date?"

No.

Brgds

Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes system will determine the lot with the earliest expiry date by calculating the minimum shelf life remaining.

Regards,

Charu

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

"If yes, then does it means that, even without batch management activated, the system created seperate lots in backend for different expiry date?"

No.

To say that better - the SLED is part of the quant. But it is not a quant defining criteria. So like with the GR date - if you decide to move two quants of the same material to one bin, they will be one quant in the end only with one SLED at the end.

Juergen