cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to create logical port using SOAMANAGER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created a consumer / Client proxy and created a logical port using transaction LPCONFIG. This works fine without any issues. The Web Service call is also successful.

When i create a logical port using SOAMANAGER using "Via HTTP access", it always fails with error 401 or RC=1.

What i don't understand is that "WSDL Access user and Password" is mandatory as you can see from below screen shot. But in all the blogs which i read about this, those fields are not mandatory.

Error 1

SRT Framework
exception: Error in WSDL access: Exception occurred in communication
framework:Error in HTTP
Framework:401Unauthorizedhttp://www.deeptraining.com/webservices/wsStrings.asmx?WSDL

Thanks

Rajvansh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajvansh,

Is your question only related to the mandatory nature of the WSDL Access user & pass?

I think it may be related to the SAP sofware version you're using, it must be older especially considering that you are still using LPCONFIG too.

In newer versions this is not the case, the WSDL access user and pass is not marked as mandatory when you create a logical port through SOAMANAGER.

Regards, Trevor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for your reply

I think the 401 authorization error is because i supplied a incorrect user name and password. I am using a free service (http://www.deeptraining.com/webservices/wsStrings.asmx?WSDL), so there is no authentication needed. As you said in the newer version this ID and password is not required.

Instead i created the logically port manually and saved it. In "Security" tab i gave "Authentication method" as "None". But when i test it, i get the below error. I know that all the proxy details which i provided is correct as the same Web Service works fine with the logical port created from LPCONFIG.

Any inputs you have on this will be helpful..

Regards

Rajvansh

jitendra_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajvansh,

Have you checked  RFC destination(generated by logical port configuration) is connecting  ?

Many Thanks,

Jitendra Soni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

Does the logical port create a RFC destination in SM59? I checked in SM59 but there is not RFC destination created

Regards

Rajvansh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajvansh,

I think this is more related to missing HTTP Proxy configuration when creating the logical port.

Check SM59 (type G) --> Check automatically generated RFC destinations (hex value names) --> check the one that was created for your LP (deeptraining related one).

Connection test & see if it's successful. If not, add the proxy detail (same like you have in your browser internet proxy configuration) & then connection test.

P.s. If you missed it, you will probably have to delete and re-create LP in SOAMANAGER with proxy settings.

Regards, Trevor

jitendra_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajvansh,

Yes It creates a RFC destination which generally starts with "4E...." . check my reply in http://scn.sap.com/thread/2144348

It may be possible that proxy details not maintained so follow steps given by Trevor.

Many Thanks,

jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Trevor / Jitendra,

Good Call. There was some password inconsistent message when i opened the RFC destination. Something related to transaction SECSTORE (Secure storage). Just have to re enter the password and save the RFC destination.

Works fine now.

Thanks you both

Rajvansh

Answers (0)