Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maintain Outgoing EDI-Connection Data for Partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We are in 4.7x1.00

Within the same system I am trying to have an Outbound Delivery (type NL) have an Output type determination that triggers an IDOC that creates an Inbound Delivery for the receiving Plant. 

Does this make sense? If it does, I am trying to maintain all that is required in WE20 but I don't get it. 

Prior to this I have created a copy of LAVA, condition table, acess sequence, Condition. 

So far, I can see that while changing the Delivery I can select the Output type, but not save it since it errors out with: "Maintain outgoing EDI-connection data for partner " 

Can anyone get me back on track? 

--Again, The idea is that the IDoc that will create my inbound delivery, will have the right receiving plant, Sloc, material and quantity.

--My new Output Type ZLAV has program RSNASTED, and form routine EDI_PROCESSING

--Still having trouble to add field WBSTK to my new Condition table too. Add this with SE11 to KOMKBZ4...correct? If so, still not sure how to do it.

Have done some Partner Profile in WE20 for one receiving plant/customer, but am not entirely sure what to define there: 

OUTBOUND OPTIONS

--Pretty sure Partner type has to be KU here

--Message Type I have made DESADV, correct?

--Output Mode: Transfer IDoc immediately, correct?

--Basic IDoc Type DELVRY01, correct?

--Receiver Port, the same environment as I am working in, since the sending and receiving plants are on the same system

MESSAGE CONTROL

--Application V2

--Message type ZLAV, correct?

--Process code DELV, correct?

Cheers, 

Nick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When inquiring about an error message, it's always beneficial to note the message class/number (e.g. V1 101) instead of just text. Also there is usually a long text for these messages that contains more information. Have you tried double-clicking on the message?

You're asking about the two separate processes. One is output determination. The other is IDoc distribution. Condition table, access, etc. is part of output determination. It's not specific to the IDoc and there is already a lot of information available on SDN, so I won't go there. Also this is the least of your worries, as long as you can make the IDoc work.

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that through output we can only create an outbound IDoc. To create another document, this IDoc would need to trigger the corresponding inbound IDoc. This process is used for intercompany billing, for example. I don't know if the same is feasible for deliveries, but I guess you have done some kind of feasibility analysis already.

This error message means someting was not maintained in the IDoc distribution and SAP can't figure out how to create the IDoc. Again, look in the long text as it should provide some clues. Since you've copied LAVA output, I'm guessing output is proposed for SH partner. The same customer # should be entered in WE20 as KU with outbound message configuration.