cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check on billing date for reference invoice in retrun w ref order creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear team,

We have come up with a scenario where we need to have a check on the order type used in retrun with reference senario. We need to have an error message on return w ref - Va01 screen ,when the billing date of reference invoice is less than a particular date. If it meets the validation ( i.e. billing data of reference invoice given is less than a predecided date, it should not allow to use that order type and should show an error message)

I have checked a few user exist available at Va01 but need some idea if someone has used/ can provide more inputs for it.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure what do you mean by "more inputs".  If the expectation is from technical side, you should have posted in ABAP forum.

On the other hand, if it is from functional side, you have to tell your ABAPer that with the user exit that you are going to consider for this requirement, system should validate FKDAT from VBRK such that it should not be { } days from system date.

Probably, you can consider the following user exits

USEREXIT_SAVE_DOCUMENT in the program MV45AFZZ

USEREXIT_CHECK_VBAK in the program MV45AFZB

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

I have specifically mentioned that if someone has used / implemented such scenario in past. nothing more than that. I am already looking for these available exits. Regarding the post to ABAP forum, I was expecting some help from functional side, for ABAP I am already in touch with our devt team.

Thanks for highlighting.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have specifically mentioned that if someone has used / implemented such scenario

Yes after going through your comments only, I also had proposed the suggestion.

I was expecting some help from functional side,

Still I am not sure what exactly you were looking for from functional side when the requirement is 100% technical development.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi,

As i mentioned, I was looking for some reference from anyone who MIGHT have done similar thing in past. Sometime, we get  the required help from experienced functional experts eventhough it may fall in technical categoty. I am not sure what is the issue with it.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not sure what is the issue with it.

Absolutely there is no issue but as long as your query is not clear to others, you will not get suitable suggestion which you expect.  In that context only, I keep on raising various queries with you.

who MIGHT have done similar thing in past.

Some four years back, I did this in one of my projects.  The purpose of that was to control creating return orders against a billing document which was created six months back.  This is from sales tax point of view, where you cannot claim the tax levied on your customer.  Of course, I am not sure on the period I specified here.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshipathi,

I got your concern , i will take care of these.

Regarding the scenario posted by you, I am also having similar kind of business requirement where the system should not allow to create the return order if the billing date of reference invoice is before a particular date. So have you acheived it with the same user exists as suggested in earlier post ? or anything else was done in addition ?

if you have done the same with given exits, i think I am done with what i was looking for.

Please confirm.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So have you acheived it with the same user exists

Yes it is working successfully but not sure, which exit is used as it is more than 4 years now.

G. Lakshmipathi

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The suggestion give above is the only possible solution.

We have donr a similar application on User Exit in Invoice document to check Billing Date is not prior to PGI Date.

Applying ABAP code in User Exits suggested above are the only options available for your requirement.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta