Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Due Date for Terms of Payment

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there any standard functionality or configuration in the system where for a particular payment term we can extend the due date, the requirement is that if we configure for ex. a payment term 30 days from Invoice date for the customer the communication would be that the payment would be due within 30 days since in all invoice and order accepance print layouts the system would show that the payment is due after 30 days from the date of raising the commercial invoice,however internally(as per the client requirement) a grace period should be given say 15 days for ex where in the books of finance the payment term should become liable only after 45 days.

Kind Regards

Atul

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can do it best of luck bro

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Through standard it is not possible.  Try with Function Modules either with NET_DUE_DATE_GET or DETERMINE_DUE_DATE

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathy,

Thanks for your inputs could you please elaborate where do we need to use this functional module?

For ex.- Do we need to use this functional module in FBL5N or due date analysis report?

Also in the payment term tab if you double click under the tab installment payment there are number of days can I use this to calculate the grace period

Kind Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

For the Grace period setting, this can be done on the Payment terms. in OBB8 where we configure the PT, you can set the Grace days for the particular payment term. if the Grace period needs to be assigned to all the payment terms, it can be done at the customer level also using the Tolerance group field on the company code view.

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nimit,

In OBB8 can you tell me where can you configure the grace period, appreciate if you could explain with screen shots, also once if I set the grace period, in which report can we see the due date. We tried to set it in obb8 as per the screen shot below, however when I checked in fbl5n in the due date the system by default is taking 30 days it does not take the grace period which I have mentioned. Also could you let me know what needs to be configured in the company code settings in the customer master data for the tolerance level setting and once I do this setting in which report will the system give me the grace days for the due date.

Kind Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the field: Fixed Days under Baseline date calculation tab for 1 PT. for all the customers use Customer tolerance field.

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nimit,

Thanks for the reply I did create a tolerance group in the customer master and I have also defined the grace period in the customer vendor tolerance levels, however post creating the billing document when I run fbl5n the system is only taking 30 days as net due date and this is happening for all the transactions its taking only 30 days by default, can you let me know which tcode leaving Fbl5n do I need to check if  I need to check for the due date which will include my grace period, I am attaching the screen shots for your reference.

Create the tolerance group and assigned the same in customer master

Next I have assigned the 10 day grace period in the customer vendor tolerance limit.

Next I have defined my payment terms

Also attaching the FB5LN report where the due date is reflecting after 30 days only.

Kind Regards

Atul

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nimit,

Do you have any further updates on the same, if yes please do let me know for the same.

Kind Regards

Atul

former_member196521
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nimit,

I am closing this thread, grace days can be maintained as per the screen shot below in the No of days column, in FBL5N report the same would show as due after 45 days, even though the payment terms is only for 30 days as mentioned above.

Kind Regards

Atul