Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC to RFC scenario - Cyclic Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario as follows :

Interface 1 : Table 1 to PI to SAP (RFC1)

Interface 2 :Table 2 to PI to SAP (RFC)

As things stand Table 1 and Table will get populated with the data and the change pointer at the same time, but with PI in picture can I have table 2 to be populated with the change pointer only if the RFC1 returns a successfull response from SAP to PI so I can then process the interface 2 ?

Can I use the command line field in the sender channel ? Is there any way I can do this?

PLs share your ides...

Thanks ,

Teja

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the inisight guys... The scope is actually as follows ...

In the evening hours .. we have a PO table populated and a GR table populated...at the same instant in the legacy...

Now I want to pick up data from GR table only if data from PO table has been posted successfully in SAP...

Because as things stand.. Pi is picking up data from bith tables...

What I  was thinkign was to process the PO interface and send back an ack which will serve as a trigger for the legacy to fill the GR table...

Is this approach feasible?

Regards,

Teja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any thoughts on this guys?

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>but with PI in picture can I have table 2 to be populated with the change pointer only if the RFC1 returns a successfull response from SAP to PI so I can then process the interface 2 ?

Yes this is possible without BPM.  You can make a jdbc lookup for the interface 2 during response mappng after seeing the response data from RFC during message mapping. Or use JDBC UDF in the response mapping instead of jdbc lookup for the same.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

as a best practice, insert of data as part of a JDBC lookup is not recommend. So need to be a bit thoughtful around the design.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the interface 2 does only insert operation in this case then using UDF for jdbc is the only approach to avoid BPM during response mappng.

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is highly generic query, you can go with BPM but many points are unclear.

why are you making dependency on rfc responce for trigger of second scenario, why not using procedure, what is the likely case in which RFC1 will not successful....

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Who and how does the data in Table 2 get populated? what is the dependency?

As for the control you need, this is best fit for a BPM. You can easily model the scenario to have a serial flow that will provide you control and based on the RFC1 response take the appropriate action.