cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop asset depreciation (shutdown?)

former_member311833
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have set the depreciation key shutdown = Y (T-Code:AFAMA)

Then I set the screen layout for shutdown field value to option

The asset posted depreciation value as below

When I set the shutdown flag = 'X'. Although the asset has stopped calculating the depreciation value, the amount of asset posted depreciation value has been recovered.

I want the asset keep the January ~ June posted depreciation value -17750, and stop calculating depreciation value at july.

Can shutdown function stop the asset calculating depreciation and keeping the posted depreciation value?

Is there any function can stop the asset calculating depreciation and keeping the depreciation value?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Don't change the depreciation key, instead use the asset shut down functionality.

Do the following:

* Select the check box "Asset shutdown" in the "Time dependent" tab of the asset master (asset change- AS02). Make sure shut down field is optional in screen layout rule.

* Add the interval and select the date from which you want to shut down the asset

* Add one more interval and select the date from which you want to use the asset again.

* Make sure asset shut down check box is applicable for the shutdown period only.

* If this shut down is applicable for many assets, use the mass change rule using transaction OA02.

* Re-run the depreciation run program

Please let me know if it doesn't help.

Regards,

Shyam

former_member311833
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Shyam,

I recoverd the depreciation key calculation methods shotdown flag to no

Then I set the asset shutdown flag = 'X' and 2012/07, 2012/08 period shutdown.

But the shutdown function doesn't work.

Then I changed the asset depreciation key shutdown = 'Yes'

To use afar recalculate depreciation for asset, the 2012/07, 2012/08 depreciation value be shutdown

Should I change all depreciation key shutdown flag to 'Yes'?

Best regards,

Eric

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, until unless the Shut down flag set to "YES" system won't stop depreciating the asset.

Set the Shut down filed "YES" and specify the interval in Asset master as addressed.

Thanks

bowen_cao
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to shutdown the depreciation, you need both set the flag "shut down" in the "Time-dependent" tab of asset master and the depreciation key. Right?

Message was edited by: Bowen Cao

chen_lei
Explorer
0 Kudos

thanks ,

this is helpful for me, I'm finding this subject to fulfill the requirement.

0 Kudos

Hi all,

When the recalculation starts, the depreciation amount will be changed? I mean the total depreciation amount of shutdown period will be added to other years' depreciation or it wont be changed it will remain in asset even if the life of the asset complets?

Regards,

Merve

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, Shut down option can full fill your objective.

AS02 - Time dependent tab - Specify the time interval

Thanks

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.