How to stop asset depreciation (shutdown?)
I have set the depreciation key shutdown = Y (T-Code:AFAMA)
Then I set the screen layout for shutdown field value to option
The asset posted depreciation value as below
When I set the shutdown flag = 'X'. Although the asset has stopped calculating the depreciation value, the amount of asset posted depreciation value has been recovered.
I want the asset keep the January ~ June posted depreciation value -17750, and stop calculating depreciation value at july.
Can shutdown function stop the asset calculating depreciation and keeping the posted depreciation value?
Is there any function can stop the asset calculating depreciation and keeping the depreciation value?
Shyam Kumar replied
Don't change the depreciation key, instead use the asset shut down functionality.
Do the following:
* Select the check box "Asset shutdown" in the "Time dependent" tab of the asset master (asset change- AS02). Make sure shut down field is optional in screen layout rule.
* Add the interval and select the date from which you want to shut down the asset
* Add one more interval and select the date from which you want to use the asset again.
* Make sure asset shut down check box is applicable for the shutdown period only.
* If this shut down is applicable for many assets, use the mass change rule using transaction OA02.
* Re-run the depreciation run program
Please let me know if it doesn't help.