cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My FCC file input address field in first record ("11444 E, Germann Rd") and in second record address field( 11444 E" Germann Rd)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

my fcc input file is like this

10SAP00000004,Ms,T,,N,,,4,,,,,,,A,,,CMC Mills,01/01/1940,,"11444 E, Germann Rd",Mesa,AZ,85212,,,,F,,,F

10SAP00000005,Ms,T,,N,,,4,,,,,,,A,,,CMC Mills,01/01/1940,,11444 E" Germann Rd,Mesa,AZ,85212,,,,F,,,F

my FCC out file like this

10SAP00000004,Ms,T,,N,,,4,,,,,,,A,,,CMC Mills,01/01/1940,,11444 E, Germann Rd,Mesa,AZ,85212,,,,F,,,F

10SAP00000005,Ms,T,,N,,,4,,,,,,,A,,,CMC Mills,01/01/1940,,11444 E" Germann Rd,Mesa,AZ,85212,,,,F,,,F

please send me FCC Parametrs for sender side CC. I NEED  ENCLOSURE SIGN Parameters on this.

Thanks & Regards

bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grzegorz,

what type of custom module we need for that replacement of FCC.

Please send me the code for Custom Module regarding this requirement.

Thanks & Regards

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grzegorz,

what type of custom module we need for that replacement of FCC.

Please send me the code for Custom Module regarding this requirement.

Thanks & Regards

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grzegorz,

in second record street address field it will merge the all fields values. That is the problem.

Please observe my actual input field in second record

11444 E" Germann Rd  field that is not like input field in second record 11444 E"" Germann Rd so that's why i am getting error like 

<StreetAddress>11444 E Germann Rd,Mesa,AZ,85212,,,,F,,,F</StreetAddress>

please give solution on this problem.

Thanks & Regards

Bhaskar

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You won't really be able to read this input file, without modifying it. The reason is that your enclosure sign also appears in the field contents, without an escape character. In other words, you have to mark the enclosure sign in some specific way, to tell PI that in some cases it shouldn't be recognized as an enclosure sign. For instance, assuming that you use a double quote " as an enclosure sign, you would have to use two consecutive double quotes in field contents, to mark that this is not the enclosure sign. So instead of:

11444 E" Germann Rd

You would need:

11444 E"" Germann Rd

Note: this additional quote will be removed by FCC, so the payload in PI would only get one double quote, as required.

After you perform this change to the file content, you can read the file with the following parameters:

Structure.fieldNames = ... (put your file names here)

Structure.fieldSeparator = ,

Structure.endSeparator = 'nl'

Structure.enclosureSign = " (a double quote)

Structure.enclosureSignEscape = ""

Refer to SAP Help for more details if required:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/44/682bcd7f2a6d12e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Grzegorz,

in second record street address field it will merge the all fields values. That is the problem.

Please observe my actual input field in second record

11444 E" Germann Rd  field that is not like input field in second record 11444 E"" Germann Rd so that's why i am getting error like 

<StreetAddress>11444 E Germann Rd,Mesa,AZ,85212,,,,F,,,F</StreetAddress>

please give solution on this problem.

Thanks & Regards

Bhaskar

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Again: this cannot be solved with FCC. You have the following options:

1. Force the sender to send "" (two consecutive double quotes), whenever a quote appears inside a field, and in FCC, use Structure.enclosureSignEscape = "", as I mentioned before.

2. Develop a custom adapter module that you will use as a replacement of FCC.

Regards,

Greg

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

look at the possible usage of enclosuresign option in this blog - http://scn.sap.com/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/29/night-mare-processing-huge-files-in-sap-xi