cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CEP in SAP middleware

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, Expert

when talking about complex event processing , how SAP PI or SAP Process Orchestration realizes CEP?

Or how can i create a CEP solution? with Orchestration, PI or with BO event insight?

i want to know if SAP middleware have a CEP solution without BO.

where can i find information about that?

Thank you in advance

Carol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Carol,

for your interest.

Currently I am working in a CEP customer project with SAP BOBJ Event Insight since last year, the product is being part of a ramp-up program, so is not a commercial release yet.

Recently (last week) SAP has warned to its customers that finally SAP BOBJ Event Insight will not ever be a commercial product by SAP.

SAP has decided move to CEP ESP (Event Stream Processor) by SYBASE instead of the releasing of SAP BOBJ Event Insight.

It seems both solutions are using the same CEP engine (SYBASE CEP Server). CQL development could be fully supported.

In Any case neither of both is based on SAP Netweaver

Regards

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

you are right, Sergio.

I also got messages from ESP's product Manager Eduardo Chiocconi, ESP is SAP CEP engine.

and Latest version is 5.1.

thank you for your point.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi carol,

there is a nice wiki prepared by my friend Kevin

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SCM/SAP+EM+as+compared+to+BPM%2C+BAM+and+SAP+BusinessObjects+Ev...

which talks about CEP and compares different solutions

did you have a look at that ? does it clarify a bit ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, Michal, Kevin's article is helpful.

i am thinking if there is a product which i dont know in SAP, which should be similar to TIBCO Businessevent and Oracle CEP.

Carol

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

it's BO event insight as per the blog

I've been on BO EI workshops at techeds and from the looks of it it was SAP's CEP engine

there is nothing else from SAP for CEP which is not mentioned in Kevin's blog,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you, Michal.

must BOEI connect SAP PI?

or does it connect directly SAP applications?

Regards,

Carol

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

actually its not a single product from SAP but a combination (at least at this point) that will enable CEP.

have a look at my blog - http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2012/05/23/sap-and-a-comprehensive-integrati...

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Although haven't seen it officially from SAP, I heard that EI will slowly be merged as part of Sybase ESP and not sure if EI will remain as a separate product offering.

Regards,

Prateek Raj Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

it clear now. thanks, SHabarish

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for telling me this information. very helpful to know it.