cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check login credentials with backend and display appropriate screen?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a user login screen where user gives his/her credentials for logging in . I have created the login screen ,created MBO's ,created a object query stating like "select * from login_tb where user_name:=user and password:=pass".I have mapped the attributes to the login screen. The problem is ,after authentication it must redirect to a success screen or error screen.In SUP there is a default success screen which i have used redirects to SUCCESS screen even if authentication fails.There is another option like conditional operation screen which i don't know how to use it .If this is the case .....Can anyone please tell how to use the conditional operation screen(if possible with example) or is there any other option for demonstrating this example???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saju,

as you explained i have created the login page, i am not created any object query.

credential request page has default menu item with type save and the label also SAVE.

here i changed the type as online request, selected invoke parent update radiobutton.

unchecked the show cerdential screen on authentication failure.

clicked on generate error screen and selected default success screen as start screen.

finally tested on BB simulator.

i dont know whether it is a correct procedure or not, just i am explaining what i have done by customizing.

Thanks&Regards

SatyaMurthy

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Satya,

How would you validate the login credentials with backend?

can you plz explain it

( i m tryin the same scenario...

here i hv created a table with 2 parameters username psswd and inserted few test data

)

Regards,

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra,

i dont have any backend  for checking now, give me some time for this.

meanwhile while i am suggesting one way of checking users from EIS(RFC).

suppose assume that uid and pwd are import parameters in RFC.

after creating the MBO those import parametes are referred as Load arguments.

make it menu action type is online request instead of save.

it may be wrong way but atleast it gives some idea.

Thanks&Regards

SatyaMurthy

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Satya,

Do you any standard RFC for it?

rather than using RFC,

i am creating the table:

after that i inserted few data (as test data) into the table

then created a sample proj

dragged nd dropped the table to create the MBO

deployed d MBO..

while creating the workflow

i selected

in the credential requst screen:

i m doing setting for SAVE menu

but where i hv to map the fields of credentialReqest screen with table fields?

Regards.

Jitendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

I wanted to do a login screen which will check the username & password with the backend[DB] and display success screen or failure screen.Can you please suggest a solution for that.

Thanks & Regards

Saju

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as i understand from what you have wrote that you try to develop HWC app and confused about Success or Failure conditions. Those conditions not about the success of your query result, it is actually about the process of the query. In other words as long as you successfully submit your query application follows the success condition. So you need to get the returning value from the mbo and push screen wrt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yusuf,

Yes Indeed i'm creating a HWC app.

As mentioned above I have used select query.If the query's parameters matches with the db it returns a RESULTSET ,if it doesn't matches ....it returns NOROWS found, generally[in JAVA] we used to authenticate by using select query and based on the result ,we navigate to success or failure [using IF condition].But in SUP i find no option for conditions.So how can I check login data with DB and display the user the appropriate screen ?

Thanks & Regards

Saju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently I'm not available to check out my SUP environment to provide specific solution however implementing result checker may be an idea for your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yusuf,

Could you please explain how to implement result checker ??

It might be useful to me !!

Thanks & Regards

Saju