cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HU management

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Guru's,

Can anyone please tell me where we define whether particular storage location is HU managed or non-HU managed?

Quick response wil lbe appreciated.

Regards,

Charudatta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

check through

IMG--Ligistic general----HU management---basics---material management---inventory management---HU Requirement for Storage Locations and Default Values for Deliveries

after this select plant and click on sloc, you will find check for for HU management against each sloc, if it is checked then sloc is HU managed.

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kamal,

Does this mean if i do not check this i can not use HU management?

OR please tell the importance of it.

Regards,

Charu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charu,

Yes if you do not check "HU management" check box against sloc, you can not use HU management for that particular sloc.

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kamal,

I have not checked this but i am able to use it in my plant for outbound & inbound deliveries.

How this is happening & that is why i am confused.

regards,

Charu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Charu, what do you mean by you can use "i am able to use it in my plant for outbound & inbound deliveries", could you elaborate on this?

I have not used HU, but I read and did some trial configuration and as per that for HU managed sloc you have to check this checkbox and also have to assign partner sloc, so HU will be managed in sloc and non HU material will be managed in partner sloc.

BR

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might have seen packing materials in outbound and inbound deliveries.If you manage the stock HU level at storage location then in HUMO transaction you can find the stock at HU level.Does your comapny able to see the stocks in HUMO ?.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Yes i am able to see the stock in transaction HUMO for those transaction which are in NON-HU managed storage location.

Regards,

Charu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Charu,

Even at my end I can see HUs in HUMO for sloc which are not ticked as "HU managed", but we only packing material through VL02N and system will assign HU no. I think without checking "HU managed" box at sloc level, you can not use HU management functionality fully. It is just assignment of HU to packed material.

BR

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do one morething easy way whether the location is HU managed or not ?

Go to MMBE then enter material and plant then execute.Then you will see stock.

Select the stock then go in environment then select Handling unit.If your stock is managed at handling unit level then you can see handling units.If not then it will display message there is no handling units.

Answers (0)