Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Dependenies not working properly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Scenario: -

Client wants to pull certain characteristics value in batch for a material based on certain criteria at time of batch creation during GR for production order.

For E.G

When the material type is FERT the characteristic “BATCH_RELEASE_STATUS” must have value QUA-QUARANTINE.

IF the Material type is HALB, the value must be QUI-QUALITY INSPECTION.

IF RAW MATERIAL, the value must be “CIL – Clinical Inspection lab”.

To get this done, I have created an addition characteristic in name of “material category”, where user has an option to select the material type already available as “FP- FINISHED PRODUCT”; “INT – Intermittent Material”; “SFG – Semi Finished Goods”; “RAW – Raw Material” etc.

Then I created Object dependency like “ZQM_BRS_MAT_CAT_FP” where I specified the object as Precondition and created a dependency like “Material_category = 'FP'”.

I assigned this object dependency in characteristic value “QUA” of characteristics “BATCH_RELEASE_STATUS”.

Then I went into Material Master Classification view and selected the material category for material 2366 as FP.

Now when I create a batch for this material, the object dependency is not working at all and neither the material category is pulled automatically.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Animesh,

Object dependencies are not processed in batch transactions if you do not have the correct customizing in table TCLAO. Please check if table TCLAO-ZAEHL is equal to 3 for table MCH1 . Changing the customizing to 3 for MCH1 should solve the problem. Note 1242370 explains the same. Please review the note.

Regards

Amber

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ANIMESH KUMAR,

I didnt understand what you are doing with precondition, and

why dont you have a referance characterstic for "material category" which will automaticaly select value from material master, & a simple procedure whic will setup value for charcterstic

" BATCH_RELEASE_STATUS"

example , 

$SELF.BATCH_RELEASE_STATUS = 'QUA-QUARANTINE' if  $PARENT.CH_MATERIAL_TYPE = 'FERT" & $PARENT.CH_MATERIAL_TYPE SPECIFIED

try out i hope it will work for you.

Thanks

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh the sapce provided in Dependency editor is just not enough to maintain the whole thing.

Could you suggest how to maintain the whole description in source code description.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

Please help on this issue.

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Animesh,

you can devide this syntex in 2 lines and it will be error free.

($SELF.RELEASEINDICATOR = '01')

if $PARENT.MATERIAL_TYPE = 'FERT'

here chracterstic releaseindicator can have value

01 QUARANTINE

02 QUALITY

03 CIL

only thing i am not sure is , how does it works in case of Batches, i am pretty sure when we use varient configuration with class type 300 , these dependencies works very well and procedure pass this values correctly

are you using VC? or its just a normal material with batch management?

Thanks

Ritesh

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Animesh,

have you given try to syntex?

please check settings suggested by Amber and if required run report from suggested note.

Create characterstic with values

01        QUARANTINE

02        QUALITY

03        CIL

on fron pafe of transaction CT04 write procedure using below syntex

$SELF.RELEASEINDICATOR = '01' if $PARENT.MATERIAL_TYPE = 'FERT',

$SELF.RELEASEINDICATOR = '02' if $PARENT.MATERIAL_TYPE = 'HALB',

$SELF.RELEASEINDICATOR = '03' if $PARENT.MATERIAL_TYPE = 'ROH'

Hope it will work as per your expectations.

Thanks

Ritesh