SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Department wise budgetary planning in FM-BCS

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

Client currently maintain all of its planned budget in excel sheet . This sheet is shared with every department who enter their planned figure for budget heads like salaries, traveling , supplies e.t.c to be incurred for a year. This sheet is resend to budget & control department who reviews it for policy compliance and the approves it. This all process is extremely hectic. I am thinking to offer client the planning option in FM-BCS. FMPLCPD access will be given to all departments. I have a version 2 to maintain plan budget data . Now as per defined budget structure and authorization of fund centers, each department will enter plan figures for budget in its own fund centers and commitment items. In this way they will be able to consolidate plan budget data as a whole in SAP and the same will be freeze to final budget and will be posted to version 0 as actual. Is this idea correct .Any control loopholes in it. Expert guidance is required.,

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Technically, possible. Procedure-wise, I don't think it will make the life easier for your client, as FM-BCS is not exactly a perfect tool for planning, especially if it's done by several entities within the organization. I'm afraid, Excel solution would be still more efficient. Of course, you can upload this finalized Excel file afterwards to FM-BCS, nothing wrong with this. But planning there could be as hectic as you think Excel is and even more. There are special SAP tools for planning such as SEM-BCS or even BW, but doing it directly in SAP/ECC... I wouldn't say it's optimal.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Technically, possible. Procedure-wise, I don't think it will make the life easier for your client, as FM-BCS is not exactly a perfect tool for planning, especially if it's done by several entities within the organization. I'm afraid, Excel solution would be still more efficient. Of course, you can upload this finalized Excel file afterwards to FM-BCS, nothing wrong with this. But planning there could be as hectic as you think Excel is and even more. There are special SAP tools for planning such as SEM-BCS or even BW, but doing it directly in SAP/ECC... I wouldn't say it's optimal.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi:

Client is following top down budgeting approach so there will be very less data input for planning purpose . Eg. if procurement department is to enter budget its budget then it will be entering its top fund center and updating commitment items for Salaries, Supplies, Travel expense e.t.c . At the same time HR department will be entering the planned budget in the given transaction code. What are repercussion which i should communicate to my client in respect of planning in FM-BCS ?

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said, tecnically is possible. I suggest to set up test environment (make sure that you implement recent OSS notes concerning planning in BCS) and see how it goes. If the client is happy, then great.

0 Kudos

Hi Eli:

Can you please quote OSS note number for planning in FM-BCS .

Regards

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are several which I had to implement recently. Of course, it depends on your release package, but check the following:

0 Kudos

Hi:

Thanks for the useful updates. I will check and will update.

Regards