Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned delivery time, GR and GI

former_member691361
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please clarify me on impact while maintaining planned delivery time, GR and GI.

Plant X is procuring material from Plant Y (material produced in plant Y).

How the dates will be considered in planning while maintaining planned delivery time, GR and GI in both plants or in either of the plants?

Please clarify me the basic concepts on maintaining planned delivery time, GR and GI while planning.

Thanks,

Prash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

Planned Delivery Time (PDT) is the time difference between latest Purchase Order date and Goods Receipt date. Please check the following link on graphical representation of PDT.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/b4/41ae42e5adcd6ae10000000a155106/frameset.htm

Considering Make-To-Stock planning, the different elements of PDT are as follows.

* Goods Issue Processing time at Plant Y

* Transportation planning lead time (pick/pack, loading, etc)

* Transportation duration

* Post-Transportation (unloading)

Use in Supply Network Planning (SNP)

The planned delivery time is used differently in heuristic-based planning and optimization-based planning:

• SNP heuristic: The system takes into account the planned delivery time with both types of external procurement; both when the source location is defined in the supply chain model and when it is not known. If you have also defined an SNP stock transfer horizon, the system uses the larger of the two horizons.
  • SNP optimizer: The system only takes into account the planned delivery time if there is no source location for external procurement.
Use in Capable-to-Match (CTM)

The system only takes into account the planned delivery time if there is no source location for external procurement.

GR Processing Time is the time difference between GR date and material availability date. It will be applied on top of PDT.

Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling

To enable the scheduling of the goods receipt for Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling PP/DS, you must have specified a handling resource in the master data for the location.

A day for goods receipt in Supply Network Planning is 24 hours. A day in PP/DS corresponds to 24 working hours. This means that if the handling resource is a time stream resource (single/multi-level resource), the resource has to be available 24 hours a day so that the goods receipt actually only takes one day. If the availability of the resource is less than 24 hours (for example, due to breaks), a goods receipt processing time lasting one day can be spread over several days.

SNP:

In Customizing for Advanced Planning and Optimization, under -> Supply Chain Planning -> Supply Network Planning (SNP) -> Basic Settings -> Maintain Global SNP Settings -> SNP:GR for Plnd Ords, you can specify whether or not you want the system to consider the goods receipt processing time for in-house production.

To schedule the exact goods receipt processing time, the system uses the calendar of the handling-in resource defined in the location. If no handling-in resource is available, the system uses the receiving calendar defined in the location.

For external procurement, the GR processing time depends on the location product master or t.lane data. If you select the GR processing time on t.lane, it will take precedence.

Thanks,

Rajesh

former_member691361
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for your valuable information.

Could you please explain me in simple words how dates will be calculated in planning if i maintain PDT,GR and GI in both or either of plants.( as to understand the basic concepts)

Thanks,

Prash

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanth,

Consider there is a demand for product X for a quantity of 200 CS on 8/15/2012.

Source Location:

GI Processing Time: 1 day

Transportation Time: 4 days

Loading Time:           1 day

Transportation Lead time: 5 days

• The transportation lead-time is the time in days that is needed to organize the shipping of the goods. This might include booking a ship and reserving a truck from a forwarding agent. It is defined for a route. I did not define it properly in my previous post.

Pick/Pack Time:     7 days

• The pick/pack time is the time in days that is required for allocating goods to a delivery as well as the time in days that is required for picking and packing. It is calculated using the shipping point, the route, and the weight group of the order item.

Material availability date (MAD): Req. Delivery Date - GI Processing time - Transit time - Loading time - maximum of transportation lead time and pick/pack time

MAD = 8/2/2012 (i.e. 8/15/2012 - 13 days, for brevity, consider the facilities work 24X7).

Destination Location:

Planned delivery time of Product X: 13 days

GR processing time: 1 day

Initial stock: 100

Min. Lot size: 200

Consider a requirement of product x for a quantity of 250 on 8/29/2012. To meet this requirement, the system has to generate a receipt element on 8/15/2012 (i.e. Demand date - planned delivery date - GR processing time).

Hope this simple example helps you.

Thanks,
Rajesh