cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI activity revert

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The following is the situation where we are currently facing an issue in NWDI.

Actually we recently created an activity in NWDI which has checked out the code of Webdynpro DC and we have been working on the changes in the webdynpro code in local workspace of my computer. But next day when I logged into the computer and opened the NWDS but there was nothing showing up in NWDS and it was blank.

But when we see the workspace in my computer, still that exists in workspace of my computer on yesterday's date as last modified date, at the same time NWDS is showing up blank.

1. Do you have any idea, why NWDS is showing up blank, but the DC in workspace exists in my computer.

2. How to get the Webdynpro code from workspace to NWDS at the same time I want to see the Imported SC in NWDS from Development configuration perspective after I logged into that. currently it is blank.

But when I logged into the Development configuration perspective in NWDS, and it was not showing up any software component (SCs) through which inside Webdynpro DC ,earlier I created an activity which has checked out. I could not see that checked out activuty in open activities also after I logged into that with my userID.

But, If I logged into the DTR Web UI then I am able to see the open activity which is on my userID. I would like to revert that activity in DTR Web UI otherwise I could not be able to check-out the code if I create the project again from NWDI ,which has already checked out and that I cant be seen through Development configuration perspective in NWDS.

3. Please let me know the steps on how to revert the activity in DTR UI to revert the open acitivity which is on my userID.

4. Please let me know is there any specific authorization is needed to revert an activity in DTR UI for userID, or any NWDI DTR user can revert the acitivity in DTR UI. please let me know then I will check the authorizations and permissions of my userID before revert an acitivity with my userID.

5. I have another question here, please let me know. I would like to see the Webdynpro DC code which is currently running in Consolidation system. But right now the version which i am using in DEV system that has messed up, so I would like to see the code of Webdynpro DC from consolidation system then I will do the changes in Dev accordingly the code from CONS system. How to get the CONS version of webdynpro code.

Thanks,

PortalUser100

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Stefan-EA
Contributor
0 Kudos

Portal User wrote:

5. I have another question here, please let me know. I would like to see the Webdynpro DC code which is currently running in Consolidation system. But right now the version which i am using in DEV system that has messed up, so I would like to see the code of Webdynpro DC from consolidation system then I will do the changes in Dev accordingly the code from CONS system. How to get the CONS version of webdynpro code.

You can compare workspaces in the DTR. Go to system-tools->reports-> Workspace Comparison and compare the active cons with your active dev workspaces.

Or, when you import your development configuration, select the _cons development configuration to import the code from the cons workspace. With both the dev cons development configurations on your computer, find where the code is stored an do a file compare with a tool like Beyond Compare.

Sreejith1
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Portaluser,

Some time it happens.But for me when i execute the NWDS icon from programme file , the shows proper old activities. If not, you can revert the activity from NWDI.

You can revert the content of an open activity using the DTR-link http://server:port/dtr/system-tools/reports/ActivityQuery. Check the box "Openend only" and press "Show".

Select the activity you want and click the "Revert Activity" icon in the right top corner.

Additional info :

1) Open the DTR-Server Web UI using following URL.

http://<host>:<port>/dtr

2) Navigate to the Track containing the DC that was modified in the activity that remained open.

http://<host>:<port>/dtr/ws/<Track_Name>/<SC_Name>/dev/inactive/DCs/<Dc Package>/<DC Name>

3) Now, on the right side you will be able to see an option called activities, click on that.

4) It will open a new window with multiple check-boxes.

5) out that only select the check-box named "Open", and hit the show button.

6) The results in te below table will display all the open activities specific to your DC.

7) you can now select the one of the open activities from that result table. it will now take you to one more screen.

😎 in this screen at the top right corner you will get see an icon with Arrow sign. Use that button to revert your open activity.

Regards,

Ram

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi PortalUser100,

Are you logging into your NWDI when open up NWDS and are looking at the right development configuration in NWDS (i.e. you're not looking at your local development)? Please post a screenshot of your WD perspective.

Please do not cross posting.

Regards,

Dao