cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restore DEV from PRD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Our Development system in a parallel landscape being built for BW upgarde, has to be built as a copy of Production for some unavoidabel reasons.

For simplicity I am calling the new Dev as D2D and the original Dev as D1D.

I am aware of exporting the version database based on SAP note and I have seen recommendations for releasing all modifiable transports in Dev, but since D2D in parallel landscape is being built as a copy of Prod, these steps I guess would not apply in this case.

I would appreciate any recommendations from people who have been through such a process.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

alwin can you explain what are u trying achieve.

i am confused about ur approach

in current landscape you have

D1D->QA1->PROD1

now your approch is

D2D->QA2->PROD2

or you are just upgrading D2D system?

regards,

Meenakshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alwin,

1) All unreleased transport means changes those are not released from D1D may not be available in new system, since new system will be a copy of production and not D1D

2) Issues present while upgradeing D1D and D2D will be diffrent since both system is not in sync.

3) So i would suggest release all modifiable request from D1D move it to production, now D1D and production will be in sync then build D2D from production, now even D2D will be in sync with D1D and then go ahead with upgarde on D2D. 

Regards

Ritesh Sathe

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i read you correctly, your D1D and BW Production is still runinng after the system copy. First of all, you need to know what's the purpose of cloning BW Production. Basically, you just need to perform the post-migration steps accordingly such as stop btc job during first startup, changed of RFC, BDLS, connect to source system and etc.

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang