cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change text of elements on Item area of RFx?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to know about how to change the text of items in item area in Create RFx screen?

Items like: RFx Number and Smart Number I want to change or in other words translate these texts to something else.

can any one advice me in that?

You can refer to the attached snapshot which shows the exact screen.

Best Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have rechecked and this Smart Number field is a very special in the IDR it's not set from the /SAPSRM/CL_CH_WD_IDEN_MAP_RFQ.

This field overwrite the standard Description field and has a very own class /SAPPSSRM/CL_SMART_NO_DISPLAY with only one method and text.

So if you want to change it you should change it there.

Regards,

Miklós

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miklós,

thank you so much, your answer is correct, as I changed all other classes but when I changed /SAPPSSRM/CL_SMART_NO_DISPLAY it get reflected to the portal.

Can you please tell me how you find it? if you debug it which method called this call?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have started from class  /SAPSRM/CL_CH_WD_IDEN_MAP_RFQ as this class have the description "Ident mapper class for RFQ" what exactly what you looked for.

In this class there was the method INIT_IDR_FIELDS what looked promising but it's not have any section for "Smart number" so I checked from where was it called and which other calls alter the table where these IDR infos are.

There was and other method call: INIT_IDR_FIELDS_BADI and this method changed the table and put in the "Smart number" in place of Description so I have checked this method call and found the  /SAPPSSRM/CL_SMART_NO_DISPLAY class.

I hope it will be helpfull for you in the future.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the text for the IDR in this case came from the class: /SAPSRM/CL_CH_WD_IDEN_MAP_RFQ

I think if you edit the Smart Number in that class Text elements you will get the new text there also.

Regards,

Miklos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should be able to do it via SOTR_EDIT tcode. pass the alias name and change it to whatever you want. Try it and let us know if it works for you.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I already tried to translate it through sotr_edit, I changed all text I found for Smart Number, and it translate it in all screens except this IDR.

Is there another ways?

Thanks for your replay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

This information is not enough to find Webdynpro component for this IDR Component,

actually IDR Component is part of OIF Component, you need to find OIF component then find WD Component for OIF then go to Component controller then click on method OVERRIDE_EVENT_OIF here we attach IDR Component.

you can find OIF Component by click F1 help in UIBB(Actual area ref below image) Area then find WD Component.

Cheers,

San...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi san,

thanks for your response, when i clicked F1 a new window open but it didn't shows any information

But if i click  right button of mouse and choose More Filed Help I can found the web dynpro component which is /SAPSRM/WDC_DODC_RFQ_H_BD.

Is there any other way to find it?

Regards.

gill367
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check in this compoenet SAPSRM/WDC_DODC_RFQ_H_BD  only.

The text will be coming from either assistance class or from the text elements of the compoenents itself.

Thanks

Sarbjeet Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is no assistance class for this component.

thanks for you replay.