Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontracting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear APO experts:

I need help with the following scenario:

I have two plants (A and B) that subcontract product, say PSUB, from a common subcontractor, say S.

PSUB has a component C which is bought from vendor B.

I am using PDSs and all master data and Tlanes are created and working fine IF I HAVE DEMAND in one plant.

The system is correctly planning the Preq for PSUB and demand for the components.

The Tlane exists from S to A and also from S to B and references the external proc relationship (EPR) of type subcontracting.

The EPR was created via -plant specific PIRs from ECC with the subcont prod version mentioned within/

However, as expected, the receipts for the component C are getting mixed up. That is, the system is planning an STR from plant A for the demands from BOTH   plants - Plant A & Plant B.

I created two locations S-1 and S-2 of type 1050 and specified plant and vendor combinations.

However, just this setup is not producing separate receipts. I could not create EPR for S-1 or S-2 since they don't exist as locations in the logical system.

What other steps need to be taken to have the system plan the component C for separate  procurement (STRs) from plant A and plant B.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

m_manimaran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This may be a very basic check that you might have done already. But still worth to check.

Please verify that you assigned the created Subcon locations, with location type 1050, to your active model. (In transaction /sapapo/loc3)

As per your description above, this is the only point I found as missing. Please check and confirm.

Regards,

Manimaran M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good point..but I checked and the model assignment existed.

I am thinking since when we model using the location type as vendor, there needs to be products and the PDS for the finished product at the vendor location, the system might need it also for the location type 1050. The same goes for components maser data at the vendor location and t lanes from plant to the vendor - i.e. we might need these two for the locations 1050.

But I can't create the subcontract PDS at 1050 since these locations are not in ECC.

I expected system to recognize 1050 location types as modeling alternatives and use the master data for the plant vendor combo entered in the location.

Even if I lock the tlane from the subcontract vendor (1011) and created tlanes from the location types 1050 - the SNP Heuristics s creating a preq w/o source of supply.

Has anyone used this functionality? If not then how the receipt mix-up described above is resolved.

Thanks in advance.