cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best integration solution between SAP MDM-ERP-SRM?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

We are writing for asking your advice on SAP SRM integration.

When customer has implemented SAP ERP/Non-SAP/SAP MDM system, what is SAP’s suggestion on SRM master data replication solution as original software manufacturer:

From SAP MDM using PI or from SAP ERP using Middleware and RFC?

The general situation of this customer which we need give technical proposal recently:

1. This is a big enterprise having about 20 branches.
  2. They built an central SAP MDM system in the headquarter.
  3. They implemented SAP ERP and Non-SAP ERP in different branches.
  4. The implemented SAP MDM is just manage 4 companies’ master data now but planned to roll-out to all of the branches.
  5. MDM is the master data management center(Control: Master data application, Workflow & distribution ) in the 4 companies which MDM was implemented.
  6. There is only basic view data of material in the SAP MDM.
  7. There is no purchase organization data of vendor in the SAP MDM.

What is the better way of the master data synchronization we suppose to use in this case? a. MDM->ERP->SRM  b. MDM->ERP & MDM->SRM?

If you have document explaining the standard design of integration or system architecture between SAP ERP-SAP SRM-SAP MDM, please feel free to share with us!

Your kind assistance on this are very much appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lorry,

mdm-pi-srm, mdm-pi-ecc is best solution i think, in my last project we use mdm-pi-srm and it works well.

for ecc-pi-mdm

for srm-mdm catalog

Regards

Nitish Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitish,

Thanks a million for you replay!

I checked the documents you attached to me.

I konw there is strandard PI and ALE interface for master data sysnc from MDM to SAP ERP.

But I am very worried about whether the MDM PI sysnc can instead of SRM Middleware!

For Example, ERP could do master data Validation, Middleware could do fiter for material.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lorry,

validation can be done in mdm also, yeah you can use erp as middleware, but cost and time in business point of view should be considered, mdm is to used to manage and qualify the data, you can take advantage of it.

Regards

Nitish sharma

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in my project,

MDM--->EAI--->ECC--->SRM

general information is maintained in mdm,(name address phone......), we call some rfc in ecc to validate the post code, vat and tax stuff

operational data is done at ECC(purchase org...xk02), it is a step in the whole business process and embedded in portal as a screen

when supplier reaches srm, classification will be updated there.

my case is about supplier master data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jun,

I am agree with you.

I think we can not turn off the standard middlleware and rfc interface for SRM master data integration.

But we can set some validation in the MDM to ensure the mater data is correct when it was synchronized to non-sap system.

Thanks a million!