cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Policy Master Data Upload - MDUG Vs. CLM Vs. LSMW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Currently we are moving to data migration phase and started discussion around which tool is best to upload Policy master data into GRC-v10. I've done my research around MDUG, CLM and LSMW from previous posts and GRC330. I've used MDUG and having below problem. I haven't tried CLM and LSMW yet.

Question 1: When i uploaded MDUG template with Policy group and  Policy object data, Only policy group is created in the system but not the policy object. Not sure why? Is there something wrong in the way i'm using or is there any notes that should apply before.

Question 2: I'm also thinking to take stab at LSMW, which i haven't done yet. Did any one you tired this?

Your responses are highly appreciated.

Thanks

Srinath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajeshwari_akkamgari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenath,

You can check SAP note 1636985 and make sure you follow the manual instructions as mentioned in the attachment of this SAP note.

BR-Rajeshwari

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajeshwari and Saksham.

If i remember correctly, me and Saksham had discussed on this previously. Per our previous discussion, Saksham mentioned about the note ending with 985. This mainly tells about two things, one is, if you are not using GRC v10 we should follow the manual instructions attached to the notes and second is if you are already using GRC v10, you should be able to use MDUG to upload policy data.We are using GRC v10 - SP7, there should be no problem. 

I haven't checked notes ending with 059 yet. To clarify further to Saksham's answer, as i said above, I did enter the policy group and actual policy object data into the MDUG template. Once after uploaded into the system, this created only policy group, but not the Policy object.

And i'm also looking for inputs on LSMW mentioned above as well.

Appreciate your inputs. Thanks!

rajeshwari_akkamgari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenath,

We generally do not use LSMW for GRC. Most recommended approach is CLM and then MDUG.

You can check the other note recommended and let us know how it goes.

regards,

Rajeshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajeshwari,

If possible, can you also give your inputs on my question 1, first post at start of this thread.

Regards

Sreenath.

rajeshwari_akkamgari
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenath,

Is it giving any error in the log? can you give us the details.

rgds-Rajeshwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeshwari,

The following error is showing up when i was uploading template through GRFN_MDUG with "upload data".

" Mandatory field GRFN_IMPORT of object RE(EN) is an initial value

Message no. GRFN_CLM042 "

Is there any required fields that i'm missing to fill it up in template ?. I'm pretty much filled all fields in Policy group, Policy and Policy sources in the system generated template?

Appreciate your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Resolved: I haven't included "Responsible Org" in the template, which supposed to be.

saksham
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenath,

Once the policy object is created in the system after referring to the SAP note provided by Rajheshwari, please make sure you also refer to SAP note 1639059 to get the proper functionality of Policy Management.

Regards,

Saksham Minocha