cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the message of the output parameter from a stored procedure in MII?

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I need to call a sql stored procedure in MII which is having 1 input parameter (will be a long string provided by the user from GUI) and 1 output parameter (will display the result message like success/failure). Based on the message returned to me by the output parameter of the stored procedure I need to display the same to the user in popups.So my first question is how do i get the return message from the stored procedure in MII to be displayed ?

I have studied most of the threads in this forum but have not yet found out the solution to get the return message printed in mii from the stored procedure.....

Initially I struggled in calling the stored procedure but now I'm able to call it in command mode,and I get command query successful....but it doesn't prints the return message from the stored procedure...So how do I go about it? I want to get the message in MII itself...Is there any way in which I can print or generate a return message from output param of stored procedure in MII?

Any help/suggestions wrt is highly appreciated...really need guidance on this...

regards,

rajeev

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If your MSSQL stored procedure returns a dataset then you can simply use FixedQuery mode.

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Jeremy I did use the fixed query mode but it is giving an error saying no datasets returned....I want the success/failure message like "recored entered successfully"(this message is contained in the ouput parameter of the stored procedure) or so to be displayed.....is there any way i can do that?

Thanks,

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mssql will need to return data like a select statement.

Oracle will need a cursor and FixedQueryWithOutput mode - search the forum for this mode as it has come up numerous times.

raj44
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks Jeremy...could you please elaborate more on this like how mssql will return data like a select statement and where shall I see that....could you also explain that in order to incorporate this functionality(return data like select statement)...the stored procedure should be altered or i should include extra coding statements in MII when I am calling the SP through MII?

Sorry to bother you so much but I am pretty new at this...so if you could just emphasize more on this it would be highly appreciated....

thanks

Answers (0)