SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correction factor on Forecast

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm facing a difficult about the correction factor in mrp. I assigned in material master the Correction factor and configured the Maintain Correction Factor forecast inserting the store / period code / Year / Month and the correction factor (1,08).

Finally i runned the mp30 but the result didn't consider the correction factor. I realized that on MP30, after runned, the field "Factor" is 0.

Anyone can help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Where exactly are you entering correction factor?

In MM42 Logistics DC/store view and click Consumption Values button, you may enter Corrected Consumption or  Quotient (Ratio of the corrected value to the original value) and then save.

Now, if you carry out forecast with MP30, you will see that corrected consumption is taken into account in forecast.

Thanks,

Venu

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Where exactly are you entering correction factor?

In MM42 Logistics DC/store view and click Consumption Values button, you may enter Corrected Consumption or  Quotient (Ratio of the corrected value to the original value) and then save.

Now, if you carry out forecast with MP30, you will see that corrected consumption is taken into account in forecast.

Thanks,

Venu

0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

I assign the field KZKFK on material master and config omdj tcode. I`m using a correction factor 1,08. In my example, the forecast is 100, so, based on my correction factor, the result should be 108. But the value presented is yet 100.

Resuming, i did 2 configurations. In material master (store view and MRP/forecast view) and assigned the field "correction factor". And the last one is the OMDJ tcode, where i put the site(store) / period code / Year / Month / Correction Factor.

Could you confirm these steps are corrects?

0 Kudos

Hello Andre Margi,

I tested that correction factor (OMDJ configuration) is working in our system.Please verify that you are doing monthly forecast in our system and that month in OMDJ falls within the Forecast Period.

Thanks,

Venu

0 Kudos

Hello Venu,

Thank you again.

Well, now i got to run the forecast with the correction factor, but, my goal is multiply the result with the correction factor value. Ex: Forecast = 100. Correction factor = 2. Final Forecast = 200.

But when i executed the mp30 the result reached was 50. So, the correction factor is dividing my forecast. But it should multiple the forecast.

Your correction factor multiplied or divided?

0 Kudos

Hello Andre Margi,

I got the correction factor multiplied. I set correction factor 2 for a particular week and forecast of that week becomes twice the value after weekly forecast with forecast model G.

Thanks,

Venu

0 Kudos

Hello Venu,

Can you attach your screens configurations?

Sorry, but i did exactly like you described, but the result in my system is not satisfactory.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Venu,

Forget the last comment.

I got the perfect result.

Thanks a lot for all your help.

0 Kudos

Venu,

I figured out an important thing.

My period code control in MRP will be T (diary). When i put this code on OMDJ, i don`t get the correction factor in mp30.

When i change the period code to W(weekly) on material master and do the same on OMDJ, the correction factor come up when i run mp30.

Do you know if is mandatory, to works correctly the correction factor, control the period code by W (weekly)?

0 Kudos

Hello,

I think the period indicator (T, W or M) configured in OMDJ should be same as your period indicator in MM42 (RP/Forecast data). The OMDJ data is stored in T440L table which has period indicator as part of the composite key.

Thanks,

Venu

0 Kudos

Exactly. I though the same, but it`s not working.

Can you please try, on your system, run based on period T?

I stored the data on OMDJ, with the same period i have in mm42.

The problem is the period T. If you could try on your system to confirm using this period, i will be glad.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos

Hello Andre Margi,

You are correct. With period indicator T, it did not work for me also. There is a column Week/Mon. in OMDJ and we cannot fill any values for this.

You may contact OSS or use enhancement LM61W001/MM61W001 (Function exits EXIT_SAPLM61W_001/EXIT_SAPMM61W_001) to modify the forecast values with factor maintained in table T440L using OMDJ.

Thanks,

Venu