Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using SAP standard Service Interfaces with SAP PI

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus!

I have a question about standar service interfaces provided by SAP. Just for example the "CONFIRMATION OF GOODS MOVEMENTS OUT":

link:  http://esworkplace.sap.com/socoview(bD1lbiZjPTAwMSZkPW1pbg==)/render.asp?id=C6AD44AFD85711DB2B24000F...

In my experience, we never used these standard interfaces, we always used existing Idocs, RFC, Bapis and custom proxies to establish communications from/to R3 systems adding the corresponding implementation in R3 systems.

Does anyone ever used these standard services to achieve a requirement? How this is meant to be implemented? (importing SWC in ESR, creating proxy in R3 side) Does this also include the business logic implementaion in R3 side?

Thank you very much in advance,

Regards!

Juan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

They are meant to make life a little easier and the business logic (along with the proxy) would already be in R3/ECC side (depending on your ECC version of course).

Juan Manuel wrote:

How this is meant to be implemented?

That's a loaded question that requires a bit of research. A loaded answer would be, 'it depends':

- on your requirement.

These enterprse (web) services are standard and use underlying Abap proxies. They are delivered standard and some are synchronous and most are asynchronous (for reliability when dealing with business critical data).

Regards, Trevor

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the content that you mention is to support the SOA architecture.

hence if the technology and business vision is around transforming your landscape into a SOA based implementation, then it is recommended to implement the enterprise bundles.

As far as I understand, every ES bundle comes with a backend implementation logic. Thus you would have predefined code in ECC/SRM etc to support the interface flow/trigger.