cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI Web service Down in performance test

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

we have synchronous interface from Mobile---(soap)---SAP PI--(Server proxy)---SAP.

While  performance test we found issue like when the 100 Concurrent users log in.... some user getting the error like the " Can't access URL : XXXXXXXXXXXXX".

This the url which has provided by SAP PI to Mobile device for sending the request & getting back the response.

is there any way to increase this load..

Please share any thoughts

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you accessing the WS via the adapter engine or are you using the direct IE URL?

1. In case of AE, make sure there are additional resources say an additional app server and also enough java nodes

2. in case of using direct IE URL, make sure that the URL is having the web dispatcher configuration in place.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabarish,

Thanks for your reply.

i am not sure about weather it is through IE or AE. but i have generated the webservice through Senderagreement.

how can we identified this weather it is through IE or AE

where we need check the web dispatcher configuration & Additional resources

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

then it is via the AE. if that is the case, check with your basis team regarding the configuration and also the maximum parallel threads available for the soap adapter (ref: http://scn.sap.com/thread/1123064)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check my previous reply. Take help from BASIS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is mean by accessing URL trough IE?

do we need to check this in NWA----Configuraton Management-----Infrastructure--Application resource..?

or any other path.....

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
neshath_anjum
Explorer
0 Kudos

@shabarishv Hi i  am Neshath PI consultant ,now a days people are asking for PI-ABAP combination ,can you please tell me how much ABAP knowledge as a PI consultant i should have or i should learn whole of ABAP

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You might want to check 

SAP note 157758 Measurement of concurrent users

and see if that helps.  If you use web dispatcher, you might able to balance the load effectively during concurrent tests.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

thanks for your reply

actually as per our understanding when all user accessing the same webservice at a time that causes the webservice unavailble.

in SAP PI is there any option either in SOAP adapter or any other configuration to increase the capacity of webservice to handle more user.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Take help from BASIS. you might need to increase the number of thread (parallel processing) for the soap adapter.  You might also want to see SAP NOTE 894509

The performance tuning document

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/2016a0b1-1780-2b10-97bd-be3ac6221...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Thanks for your reply,

where do we need to increase the parallel processing for the soap adapter.

is it in NWA or in ABAP stack.

Please let me know the steps or any SAP document for this.