cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right transportsystem implementation for a PI 7.31 (PO) Java only Landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Colleagues,

with SAP PI 7.31 Java only (AEX) and Process Orchestration we jump now in a new chapter without any required ABAP installations at PI Landscape.

Is still CTS+ the preferred transport management system for PI/PO Java only or there different suitable solutions we think about it?

Maybe directly over the Developer Studio without huge NWDI overhead?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jochen

Message was edited by: Jochen Schertel

I would kindly ask again you regarding the right transportsystem for a pure Java SAP PO transport landscape.

I have here in addition on my mind, ESR with PI 7.31 only one more required at development.

In the early state of PI respectively XI we used simple file export and import.

It works very well!  

Is with the newest version as well a simple transport solution, maybe out of Developer Studio possible?

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

Jochen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jochen,

This is a good topic since the scenario changed considerably.

In the beginning I was actually thinking if it would be reasonable to have  JAVA single stack installation for the PI7.31 depending on an ABAP system for using CTS+. If we have a single stack installation, why should we go back to the ABAP dependency? However, one reasonable argument would be using the Change Management process in Solution Manager to control the transport releases. In this case, you get your ABAP Communication System needed to control the request and you have your change management process managing your whole SAP landscape and not only PI.

Regards,

Gonçalo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Concalo,

first of all many thanks for you reply!

I understand the argument regarding the centralized Change Management process in Solution Manager, it's similar to the Strategie regarding SAP PI Monitoring at SolMan. I am not really a friend of it because it makes much more complicated as needed. PI Transports are so different to ABAP transports. Here a simple export/import process is also possible.

I prefer "Keep it simple"!

Regards,

Jochen