cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why system is not allowing to change partner after creation of sales order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sd gurus

in sap standard once we created sales order it is not possible to change partner whatever it may be in case we want to change we should cancel order and we change we go forward

here i want to know why system is not allowing to change partner after creation of sales order?

thank you for your quick response 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Just Check you have already created the delivery for the particular sales order. In that case it will not allow you to change the partner.

Thanks

Bidhan

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

what i understood on your Query is ,can we change a partner in va02?

Actually ,i did in my system as like you said  in a Partner Tab and also at header level but my system is allowing to change the ship to party.

But in your case why the system is not allowing.

please check once again.

Thanks,

NAren.K

Former Member
0 Kudos

No no how we can change the ship to party after creating  the sales order . in case you should cancel sales order and you change the ship to party

but you are telling i changed the ship to party after creation of sales order

pl let me know how u have changed bz in stranded it is not possible to change the ship to party once created sales order?

pl let me know

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please screen shots as per changed ship yo party in header level and also i changed in partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here my quire is we can easily change ship to party after creation of inquiry and quotation

but we cant change ship to party in delivery after creation sales order

suppose if we want to change ship to party after creation of sales order we have to cancel sales order and we change sip to party ..right

why system is not allowing to change ship to partner after creation of sales order ?

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

why system is not allowing to change ship to partner after creation of sales order ?

Functionality "Not modifiable" is the main configuration setting, for this query.

In partner procedure, if a partner function is Not modifiable, then it shall be in greyed-out mode.

E.g.

Sales document type OR

The partner function SP is greyed-out in sales order, header level, Tab Partners.

Go to VOPAN, identify which partner procedure is assigned to sales document type OR

(maybe TA)

Check in the partner procedure, the partner function SP is activated for N (Not modifiable).

Similarly you can check for other partner functions in the partner procedure which is assigned to your Sales document type or your sales item category.

Side comment: There are many examples of changing SH after creation of a sales order in VA02.

E.g.

User creates a sales order with SH as Berlin.

But customer calls and says that the goods have to be unloaded in Hanover.

The user can go to VA02 and change the SH from Berlin to Hanover.

By doing this system shall re-determine Shipping point, Taxes, Delivery date, Route - Please test this.

Ofcourse the partner procedure (i.e. functionality Not modifiable) should permit the change of SH, in a sales order in change mode.