Thanks and Regards,

Rajsekhar Bera

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Typically, you set up the general characteristic with the widest values allowed for the test.  In the values screen is an indicator called "additional values allowed".  In the general characteristic I leave this off.

When you add the general characteristic to the class, you put in the specific spec range for the class which then become the upper and lower spec in the material spec.

When you add the characteristic to the class, and you go into the screen to overwrite values and put in the class spec, you will see the same indicator "additional values allowed".  In the class, make sure this is ticked ON.  This allows out of spec values to be transferred to the batch record.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let us know what all steps you have done for the same & which are "class char" that you created.

Just make sure that Class char assigned to material & batch ,should aslo be assigned to the MIC and inturn to Material specs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sujit for your early responce.....

I think there no such issue in creating MIC for characteristics.... bcz if the value is withing the specification range then it is working fine i.e. updating batch character.....The problem is only if the value is outside specification....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is specification in class char & MIC used are same ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Specification has assigned to material... not in characteristics....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear I know that specifications are assigned to material but you must have created MIC with refercence to "class char" ,If so then every MIC has specification like UCL ,LCL etc.

Now I was asking specifications of MIC & class char are they same ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have not assigned specification in MIC